Nobody's and the unique rule

By Monkeyboi2, in Rules Discussions

ok i've never used dark cards before so i don't know about this.

so how do Nobody's and the unique rule work?

i sent that question in earlier today and im waiting for a response but i think you can only have one nobody of the same name in your friend area (same as Light friends like donald) and that you would have to discard one to play the other. but thats just what i think ill let you know when my question gets answered by FFG.

Dark Player cards state that you may play multiple Dark cards of the same name as Friend cards, thereby passing the Unique Friend rule.
However, Nobody/XIII Players do not state this, so, as it would seem; they do not bypass the Unique Friend card rule. This may be to counteract the idea of playing multiple XIII cards in your Friend zone of the same name.

Personal opinion: It shouldn't apply to Nobody/Dark cards, but should apply to Nobody/XIII cards. But since it doesn't state it, until FFG make a re-ruling for us, it should be agreed upon with your opponent before-hand.

I'd like to add that this isn't the first time these cards have omitted important game-changing text from the card text.

Example: A simple sentence along the lines of "You may discard this card during your Action Phase" added to Beast would've made things a lot easier for people. But they somehow forgot about it or thought it was implied or... something.

Sluppie said:

I'd like to add that this isn't the first time these cards have omitted important game-changing text from the card text.

Example: A simple sentence along the lines of "You may discard this card during your Action Phase" added to Beast would've made things a lot easier for people. But they somehow forgot about it or thought it was implied or... something.

Lazy translators. We've had to petition for several re-rulings in the past.

Ultimately however, it was supposed to be down to me, Gopho, Roxas_Lawliet and WayToTheDawn to make fair rulings in place of FFG...but now it doesn't appear we have the power to make official rulings anymore.

jaffer just sent me a message saying the nobody cards are like dark cards when put into your friend area. so i guess you can have multiples.

Darkwing Duck said:

jaffer just sent me a message saying the nobody cards are like dark cards when put into your friend area. so i guess you can have multiples.

If so, then yes you should be able to play Nobody/Dark cards and ignore the Unique friend rule.

*Is imagining a field with 12+ Dusks*

Sometimes people make their own leagues, appoint their own judges, and do things completely seperate from the company that actually made the game in question.

This happens sometimes when players care more about the game than the company that makes it.

It might be worth it to make a league seperate from FFG so that people can actually make rulings and take good care of the game's meta but... then again it might be hard to generate interest for this game.

Or you can just wait around for FFG to start taking this game seriously...

..But I'm going off topic.

Sluppie said:

Sometimes people make their own leagues, appoint their own judges, and do things completely seperate from the company that actually made the game in question.

This happens sometimes when players care more about the game than the company that makes it.

It might be worth it to make a league seperate from FFG so that people can actually make rulings and take good care of the game's meta but... then again it might be hard to generate interest for this game.

Or you can just wait around for FFG to start taking this game seriously...

..But I'm going off topic.

*Cough* old forums *Cough*

Some underground elites-only group isn't gonna change much unless...

...unless you start hosting "KHU-approved tournaments" or something along those lines.

Trothael said:

Darkwing Duck said:

*Is imagining a field with 12+ Dusks*

that was the whole reason for posting this question