On the Boat!

By Rortharr, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

According to the Upcoming page on FFG's website, as of 2 days ago (April 2) the Beginner Game is On the Boat! The sidebar says this takes four to six weeks, and then another 7-10 days for Shipping Now. So it sounds like it will be available in early-mid May?

May the 4th be with us.

It would indeed be nice to have this in stores on or about May the Fourth.

Yeah, the sooner the better. :happydance:

Can't wait for the main book as well, then the circle will be complete.

Amazon UK has a listing for this to be released tomorrow (April the 15th) anyone able to confirm or deny this as the release date?

I am assuming it'll be officially released this Friday and available to buy next barring maybe another week delay since I'm over in the UK, so anyone know better?

Amazon UK has a listing for this to be released tomorrow (April the 15th) anyone able to confirm or deny this as the release date?

I am assuming it'll be officially released this Friday and available to buy next barring maybe another week delay since I'm over in the UK, so anyone know better?

My advice?

NEVER trust Amazon when it comes to release dates for RPGs that aren't published by WotC or Paizo.

They hare horrifically inaccurate when it comes to RPG release dates from anyone but those two companies, as many times the publisher themselves don't know exactly when they'll have the books, so there's no way that Amazon could have clue.

think they will have it at celebrations? Oh I hope so I will be there Saturday

I highly doubt it... however, Star Wars Rebels Season 2 will be premiering on Saturday. :)

It wasn't. In fact they weren't selling anything. They were just showing demos and had display cases of current and upcoming miniatures.

It wasn't. In fact they weren't selling anything. They were just showing demos and had display cases of current and upcoming miniatures.

Curious you would have thought it the best chance to promote the new beginner game, but then they do have Imperial Assault and the Armada game to promote...

Curious you would have thought it the best chance to promote the new beginner game, but then they do have Imperial Assault and the Armada game to promote...

If the game hasn't made it to them yet though, hard to do much about it. They might have originally hoped to do this but delays in development and/or production got in the way.

I remember when Saga Edition was due to be released, WotC had tried to have a sizable number of copies for sale at that year's Celebration, but shipping delays that were beyond their control largely nixed that idea.

Could be that FFG either ran into a similar issue, or decided that since RPGs are a very minor niche market in the overall Star Wars franchise that it'd have been more trouble than it was worth to have the FaD Beginner Box there on sale.

lonely-island-t-pain-boat.jpg