Want my old avatar in the new forum

By m0ebius, in Dark Heresy

Hi boys, do you know how to do it? I tried but the page only allows me to choose an avatar from the list...

Moebius said:

Hi boys, do you know how to do it? I tried but the page only allows me to choose an avatar from the list...

I feel your pain, but this feature is just not available here in the new forum.

Curses...

What's equally annoying is that (near as I can tell) once you've clicked on an avatar, you can never go back to the blank avatar.

Agreed.

Really the only things I like less about the new forums than the old are 1) Limited list for avatars (which means forced duplication after a certain point and if you're going to be the same, why bother to begin with) & 2) No PM feature on the new forums & 3) I liked some of the typing interface conventions (quote/endquote; urls; and whatnot having buttons )

I mean the new format is definitely prettier, and I like that it has sub forums and such, but moving to a new "better" forum while losing functions seems screwy.

Other than that....I like the new forum overall. I do get pretty slow performance at times though. Anyone else experiencing that?

I believe everyone is experiencing it, although there is some variation in the degree of slowness, i.e. glacial or geological, perhaps down to an eon.

Kage

I don't like that I can only edit my posts once before it stops me. sometimes I really do need to go back and fix it multiple times...

Hellebore

There is a solution to that, but it's practically useless. As long as you don't refresh the page after you've posted it, you can edit your post for hours to come. Of course, this means that you need to leave every reply open in a separate tab or browser window, leave your computer on al the time so that you don't lose the information, etc. sonrojado.gif

Kage

Kage2020 said:

There is a solution to that, but it's practically useless. As long as you don't refresh the page after you've posted it, you can edit your post for hours to come. Of course, this means that you need to leave every reply open in a separate tab or browser window, leave your computer on al the time so that you don't lose the information, etc. sonrojado.gif

Kage

Trust you to come up with the simple ideas then gui%C3%B1o.gif

From the support page, it seems that custom avatars are something that they are working on, just give them time, says I.

PM102 said:

Kage2020 said:

Kage

Trust you to come up with the simple ideas then gui%C3%B1o.gif

From the support page, it seems that custom avatars are something that they are working on, just give them time, says I.

^yay!^

Maybe one of the raffle prizes is a custom avatar! That would be something.

Card_Breaker said:

Maybe one of the raffle prizes is a custom avatar! That would be something.

Something incredibly lame, yes. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Kage