Couple of Q´s regarding attacking squadrons

By Guf79, in Star Wars: Armada Rules Questions

I just had my first game today. I introduced the game to my brother and a friend. A couple of questions arose during the attack on squadrons from ships.

1) The range of anti-squadron fire is always 1 (although they use blue die) using the squadron side of the range ruler, right?

2) Concentrate fire; This also affect the anti-squadron fire, so you add one blue die if you use the dial, and can re-roll one blue die if you use the token, correct?

3) This is were it gets a bit messy for me. On page 15 in the LTP, it states; "When a ship attacks a squadron, it can perform one attack against each squadron inside the firing arc and attack range of the attacking hull zone. Each attack is resolved seperately".

A) One of the ships two attacks, targets,eg. 3 squadrons inside its fore fire firing arc. 3 seperate attacks?

B) The second of the ships two attacks, can target, eg. 2 squadrons inside a different hull zone. 2 seperate attacks?

C) If one of the targeted squadrons is inside both of the firing arcs, it is attacked twice, using the examples above?

Thanks. :)

1) Anti-Squadron from a ship is the range of the Anti-Squad dice from that firing arc (so short range if black, mid range if blue, long range if red)

2)Yes for one squadron only (one attack)

3)

• a) yes
  • b) yes
  • c) yes

edit 1 from squads this is true but ships fire at normal range

2 correct but can only be used against a single squad

3correct on all accounts sir

Edited by clontroper5

So if I attack three squadrons within one hull zone, and I have both the concentrate fire dial, and a concentrate fire token, I can use both the token and the dial against one squadron, or use either against two seperate squadrons?

Thank you both for the quick replies. :)

So if I attack three squadrons within one hull zone, and I have both the concentrate fire dial, and a concentrate fire token, I can use both the token and the dial against one squadron, or use either against two seperate squadrons?

Thank you both for the quick replies. :)

Normally yes but there is a rule that says you cannot resolve the same command twice a round, so you can't resolve the dial and then the concentrate fire token on diffrent attacks

Hi clontroper5, can you quote the rules you are referring to?

• If you repeat the attack steps 2 onward when firing at squadrons within the same arc, it seems like the same attack to me?
  • Where is the rule about not repeating a command? Is this dial commands only and not tokens?

Can't find where you got these quotes sorry.

Thanks for the help

Rules Reference page 4, upper left corner. You can't do the same command twice in a turn but using both the dial and the token counts as one command.

I just had my first game today. I introduced the game to my brother and a friend. A couple of questions arose during the attack on squadrons from ships.

1) The range of anti-squadron fire is always 1 (although they use blue die) using the squadron side of the range ruler, right?

No, anti-squadron fire from ships are made using the short/middle/long range side of the ranger ruler. Squadrons attack using the numerical side (Range 1), anti-squadron attacks use whatever range on the other side of the ruler your anti-squadron fire dice colour equates to.

Adlerson

Hi clontroper5, can you quote the rules you are referring to?

• If you repeat the attack steps 2 onward when firing at squadrons within the same arc, it seems like the same attack to me?
  • Where is the rule about not repeating a command? Is this dial commands only and not tokens?
Can't find where you got these quotes sorry.

Thanks for the help

The RRG states that each squadron in the hull zone's arc and LOS is attacked separately, which is rather clear.

You can spend a dial and a token together or one of them separately, otherwise each command can only be performed once per turn.

Played my first game last night and this thread was useful as we faced similar problems.

However I need to clarify something.

If a ship uses its anti squadron fire does that count towards the two attacks,from different hull zones,that a ship is permitted to make with the only difference that ASF can attack all squadrons in one arc?

Correct.

Correct.

Thanks could you point me to where it states that? It implies it heavily but last night we allowed ships to use ASF on top of their two allowed ship to ship attacks. I thought it was rather brutal on the squadrons!

RRG - Page 2 - Attack.

Runs through the whole process, ships and squadrons all included.