Future Races?

By orchunter13, in Warhammer: Invasion The Card Game

This game sounds great. However, being a Warhammer fan, I cannot sit idly as the same six races from the MMORPG (great as it is) are the same races getting the fame. Even though orcs are my favorite ( :D ), I still do pray that other races are not forgotten in later releases.

Personally, I believe that this game really needs to release cards for all of the (or at least the cool :D ) factions and races in the Warhammer world. For example, I'd love to see Lizardmen, Skaven, and Ogre Kingdoms being released later on in the game's life.

Thoughts? Comments? Arguments?

-Kryzen Beastfang

I think almost everyone would like to see more races but i'm afraid we won't see as many as we would like due to the destribution format. (6 houses in Agot, 7 cults in CoC). It might be problematic for a while to support 10+ races effeciently while there are only 20 slots each month.

I hope i'm wrong because I would love to see Vampire Counts, Lizardmen, Skaven, Brettonia, ...)

Maybe the Order/Destruction thing means we'll actually get more than a few factions; so ok, maybe some races won't get a full starter straight away, but perhaps cards for them will be released gradually with every battle pack (or what is it they'll be called). Still better than nothing, especially if it means you can play them in the deck (order or destruction) without problems.

Yeah, even if it's eventual, I'd still like to see some of the "lesser" races...

I know there's not going to be a starter, or that it may be hard to support so many races, but I mean hey, the other races deserve some love too :D

I just hope that they get their turn in the spotlight.

i think that LCG format only helps with adding new content to the game. Like one month one race getting update, next month other one, this way FFG can add new race like in every six or so months without any difficulties.

ps. Lizards, Khemri, Vampire Counts already was in WC, i think they are pretty first candidates to be added.

Straight to Dogs of War and CHAOS DWARFS (old school one's with big hats and hobgoblin servents / greenskin slaves. ALL HAIL HASHUT!)

vermillian said:

Straight to Dogs of War and CHAOS DWARFS (old school one's with big hats and hobgoblin servents / greenskin slaves. ALL HAIL HASHUT!)

so :D

But Dogs of war would be a hot candidate, at least as a "neutral faction" because they are dogs of war, right? And thus can be hired by both factions.

And there are a lot of nice DoW units out there...

Also, I do think to keep the game up on the long run, FFG has to reveal new races after some time because at some time every available unit for each of the six races have been revealed (including units from older Army Books and all those legendary heroes and characters of each of the races).

My guess which races will be the next to be revealed? If they go after the MMO it would be Khemri. But I do hope that it will be Vampire Counts for Destruction... and I don't care about the Order side... Maybe Bretonnian or Lizardmen

Bretonnians would be a great fit given the nature of the gameplay. I'd also love to see Ogre Kingdoms as neutral mercenary units (not a full fledged "civilization" like the core races) in addition to Dogs of War.

I'd say we can expect Brettonia, Vampire Counts, Lizzies, Skaven, and Wood Elves. Daemons and Beasts will likely just be folded into the Chaos faction to save space (they have been one army at various points). Less popular armies like Tomb Kings, Ogre Kingdoms, and Chaos Dwarves (though they may get some spots in Chaos) may never show up.

Vampire Counts + Tomb Kings, please :)

I hope a decent level of expansions will be aimed for.

Though there are so many races/factions available in the Warhammer universe, I hope the number available for this game will not exceed 7 or 8.

Well, as I want to collect all of them, this might porve my ruin, if all available races so far will appear as expansions...

gui%C3%B1o.gif

Personal favourites are:

>> Skaven

>> Undead

>> Lizardmen

quick, quick!

demonio.gif

My vote is in for future races as well. Vampire Counts & Undead at least!

Now to my mind, the real question is if intrafaction warfare is supported. Because it's just not a Warhammer game if I can't have elves vs. dwarfs and Chaos fighting orcs, now.

I do think that you can fight Order vs. Order and Destruction vs. Destruction.

Otherwise it would be difficult (or lets say more difficult) for tournament play.

Also, with those informations which are shared atm I can't see what would prevent you from doing so.

From a brief glance thru...it looks like the Order and Destruction designation only pertains to the deck construction rules and not as a multiplayer match up restriction per say. Design Diary 2 mentions loyalty cost to drafting, which allows you to draft other races into your singular or multi faction deck; the Order/Destruction label is a hard limit that prevents cross-pollination of races belonging to the opposing factions.

Dogs of War gets my vote for sure - especially as it should be easier to introduce slowly. [Not that i mean to suggest this is a democracy we have here...]

Aside from that Bretonnians & Skaven would be good.

Lizardmen + Skaven FTW. ;)

This game will look to have a minimum 6 races when the elves are added in. If current monthly distribution is any indication, each battle pack has to represent all the races in game, which means FFG wouldn't want more than 8 races total to be playable...I mean look at A Game of Thrones LCG and Call of Cthulhu LCG: it seems to be stretching it already in my opinions at 6 or 7 factions...more and you may have a problem of under representation.

Having said that..I hope the undead (including vampire counts) finds its way in there somehow as a fully fledged faction. Skavens/Lizzies could be nice too.

if you think about it.... FFG will most likely to a 2cd smaller box with 4 new factions. 2 for order and 2 for chaos. this will go based on the fame of the armies. So An undead type (they might just combie all 3), Brettonian's and or wod elfs and lastly a toss up between lizardmens and skaven.

I belive that the dogs of war units will be in the game right off the bat as these will make great neutral cards. it would be sissy not to use them. So in a way their are 5 armies in the started set. If you look at CoC and AGoT they started with a number of neutral cards. and each new pack that came out had a number of neutral cards (save for 1 or 2 sets).

If the art work is based off of war cry then well will not see alot of Oger kingdom or chaosdwarfs. So it safe to assume that these two faction will be soaked up by other factions or used as neutral cards.

Will just have to wait and see.

PBnJ said:

if you think about it.... FFG will most likely to a 2cd smaller box with 4 new factions. 2 for order and 2 for chaos. this will go based on the fame of the armies. So An undead type (they might just combie all 3), Brettonian's and or wod elfs and lastly a toss up between lizardmens and skaven.

I belive that the dogs of war units will be in the game right off the bat as these will make great neutral cards. it would be sissy not to use them. So in a way their are 5 armies in the started set. If you look at CoC and AGoT they started with a number of neutral cards. and each new pack that came out had a number of neutral cards (save for 1 or 2 sets).

If the art work is based off of war cry then well will not see alot of Oger kingdom or chaosdwarfs. So it safe to assume that these two faction will be soaked up by other factions or used as neutral cards.

Will just have to wait and see.

Holy crap I really need to rechk my work when Im done with it. sorpresa.gif preocupado.gif serio.gif

The smaller box set is ofcouse based off of how well the started sells. Just like AGoT's.

I'd be sad if they didn't bring in Lizardmen. Even if they can't support a new faction, they could print some neutral cards. At least I have orcs for back up. Beware my greenskins, waaargh!

Newbunkle said:

I'd be sad if they didn't bring in Lizardmen. Even if they can't support a new faction, they could print some neutral cards. At least I have orcs for back up. Beware my greenskins, waaargh!

I would have to agree with you on this one. I love the lizardmen. but as it stands it's no looking to good. llorando.gif sorpresa.gif corazon_roto.gif

One can only hope. babeo.gif angel.gif gran_risa.gif

I agree with both of you If one race has to be done it is Lizardmen - they are just awesome!

However if they were to do just two more races one order one destruction skaven as wel as lizardmen would make perfect sense beacuse of their rivalry

orc_ugly said:

However if they were to do just two more races one order one destruction skaven as wel as lizardmen would make perfect sense beacuse of their rivalry

That's a good point. With the lizardmen being on orders side............ only because they'll fight everyone that is not reptilian. Lizardmen perfer being left alone to contemplate the meaning of life. I can picture a sweet Slaan mage preist as one of the cards protecting him realm. Skaven are just plan evil. demonio.gif