The Invasion is Coming!

By lars16, in Warhammer: Invasion The Card Game

see here

gives a few more hints into how the game plays and another card preview. a unit card for those wondering and its the greatswords.

Yeah, so I'm risking being called a pain in the back, but I still don't like how the UNIT card basically shows a single character. That, and the blue stones and riveted polished metal combo on the card that makes it look like a Ninja Turtles CCG card from the eighties (had it in fact existed).

But (as said) I'm excited about the gameplay.

well your judging fine detail on a blow up computer image and not on the card size from tabletop distance.

Units (or armies) in AGoT have a good mix of zoomed in one on person in the unit (like greatswords) and a grouping of people.

here is an example of the army at large and another one . Here is a 'zoom of one unit' and another one . so you can see your likely to have both.

The card is beautiful!

Newbunkle said:

The card is beautiful!

;)

The idea is great of making Invasion, but I don't like that the game will be only for 2 players. If it's going to be only for 2 then I will not buy it. If it would be 2-4 players then it will be a must have for me.

The arts are great. I hope that the WFRP 3ed will get some of them too.

vermillian said:

I'm glad that you found that and posted it so I didn't have to. Man that game was pretty bad IMO, kinda like the GI Joe one.

I will not lie, I am not the biggest fan of multi-player card games. Too often it's just a matter of whomever attacks last typically winning everything. That's not true for all games, but that doesn't mean those games that don't lend themselves to multiplayer is any less for it. There are a few L/TCG's that are fantastic in two-player but either don't work or are severely limited in multiplayer, but I think the important thing is to look at the rules for the base game.

For instance, AGoT has a great rules set that naturally lends itself to a multiplayer environment but it does not suffer for that in the one on one play. The point being I would prefer focus spent to make the game great, and then hopefully it will lend itself to multiplayer. I would not want the rules to lack in single player just so that it can be said to be a much better experience in multi.