New spoiler up: The Great Race returns in "The Shadow out of Time"

By marius8, in CoC General Discussion

There is a new spoiler article up, featuring the Shadow Out of Time . Enjoy!

What an excellent story card! I absolutely love the design on that one. The article was well-written, too, good job.

Another wonderful article for another weird/amazing story card...

Thanks, Marius...

Even if this effect seems "self-destructive" in many ways, I think there are lots of options to get rid of the drawbacks and take advantage from it...(snow graves is a right option in this sense)...

Exciting, I have to say.

Self destructive, huh? The passage on how you can put a character (Ghoul Khanum?) from your hand in the discard pile to get your Greg out seems to be missing in the text. I'd hardly would call that self-destructive. ;)

Great story card effect.

Can't wait to see the next one.

- J.

A very interesting story card. It may force a lot of players to pack a Snow Graves or two into their decks- good thing it isn't steadfast. I like the artwork too- as always, an A+.

So if I have three cards in hand I can only exchange with the three top most cards in my discard pile? If I choose one in my hand do I have to take the top most discarded card or any card in the discard pile?

"So if I have three cards in hand I can only exchange with the three top most cards in my discard pile? If I choose one in my hand do I have to take the top most discarded card or any card in the discard pile?"

That's correct. Some sacrifices are to be made... ;)

Marius said:

Self destructive, huh? The passage on how you can put a character (Ghoul Khanum?) from your hand in the discard pile to get your Greg out seems to be missing in the text. I'd hardly would call that self-destructive. ;)

Good point...In fact, I wrote "seems" self destructive... :-) gui%C3%B1o.gif

Damned Khanum...Damned Greg (card, not player :-) )...Snow graves, please!!! demonio.gif

Slightly OT. anyone notice how these stories are comming out every week instead of every other?

Cool stories BTW, great writing. So far I'm not mad at a single one that has been spoiled.

best story spoiled so far. i hope this gets used more often than not though. snow graves might help with that.

I don't think Snow Graves will be that needed. Often times one player has something useful on the top of the discard pile, the other doesn't. I'd put more weight on playing correctly than putting Snow Graves in the deck. Not that I'd think SG is bad, I just believe it's not necessarily needed when trying to use this story card effectively.

Nice Story card...very original.

I hope we get to see more of the Great Race...and this time tournament legal.

lordofmasks

Bard said:

I don't think Snow Graves will be that needed. Often times one player has something useful on the top of the discard pile, the other doesn't. I'd put more weight on playing correctly than putting Snow Graves in the deck. Not that I'd think SG is bad, I just believe it's not necessarily needed when trying to use this story card effectively.

youre probably right, but a smart player might see that youre about to win that story and play an event on something not so useful just so they kinda get a freebie. if i saw i was gonna lose the story id play unspeakable resurrection on anything i had in my discard to keep them from getting maybe doa or something.

I must say that I am very pleased with the Core Set Story Cards

that have been spoiled so far! With so much uncertainty it's nice

to have a little something to cling to. aplauso.gif