Asteroid Base

By son of baal, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

Hi All

Now i’m new to this but have played quite a few games, and I was watching a game the other night when the Light Side player destroid the DS dial with the Trench Run card, force Barrier and Asteroid Base.

Now I know how the other two cards work but Asteroid Base, reads Remove a shield from a unit. The LS player used this on 7 attacking cards, when the card says “a” shield from “a” unit.

Have I missed somthing?

Thanks.

The action of Asteroid Base is a free action. And there is no limit to how many actions you can take during the Action Window, as long as you have legal tarkets for the action and can pay for them. The only important point is that you alternate with the opponent.

So order of play would have been:

LS Action: play Force Barrier

DS: can play an action if they want and can

LS Action: Remove the shield from unit 1 to give that unit +1 U and +1 B until the end of the phase (i.e. the whole Engagement phase)

DS: Can play an action if they want and can (e.g. Force Choke a 1 HP weenie)

LS Action: Remove the shield from unit 2 to give that unit +1 U and +1 B until the end of the phase

DS: Can play an action if they want and can

etc. until all 7 units have exchanged their shileds for +1U +1B

And after LS has done all that, DS player can still play an action ... Like Force Storm all those now unshielded weenies.

Slight correction: Asteroid Base gives a Unit Damage or a Blast Damage, not one of each.

Slight correction: Asteroid Base gives a Unit Damage or a Blast Damage, not one of each.

Right ... that's what I get from working from memory ;)

thanks dbmeboy.

Hi WookieeRoar

Thanks for the reply, that has cleared up my confusion.

Thanks