Squadron Movement

By Phenolphthalein, in Star Wars: Armada Rules Questions

So last night was my first game. The person I was playing against insisted that as soon as a squadron moves into range 1 of an enemy squadron, they are engaged and therefore stop their movement as soon as they hit range 1 instead of completing the movement and being engaged if at range 1. I think the latter. From what I could find in the rule book, it said "while in range 1..."

Does anyone know which is correct? Can you point me to a page in the rule book?

It's sorta right.

You don't move *into* range 1...like in the way you might move a unit in 40k. For squadrons (and ships), you just "teleport" to your final position. If that puts you in range 1 of an enemy squadron, you are then engaged.

The rules indicate that you pick the squadron up and move to anywhere along the range ruler you desire that does not exceed their maximum distance, per their speed.

Edited by Rocmistro

Only starting and final position matter. You aren't checking for engagement during.

So last night was my first game. The person I was playing against insisted that as soon as a squadron moves into range 1 of an enemy squadron, they are engaged and therefore stop their movement as soon as they hit range 1 instead of completing the movement and being engaged if at range 1. I think the latter. From what I could find in the rule book, it said "while in range 1..."

Does anyone know which is correct? Can you point me to a page in the rule book?

Check page 6 of the Rules Reference under Engagement . Read the last bullet point.

Your opponent was wrong.

"Check page 6 of the Rules Reference under Engagement . Read the last bullet point.

Your opponent was wrong."

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Edited by Phenolphthalein

"Check page 6 of the Rules Reference under Engagement . Read the last bullet point.

Your opponent was wrong."

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

My pleasure. Glad to help.