New TO seeking advice/help

By Meynolt, in X-Wing Organized Play

Thanks Tekwych!

Nice TOREP ! Its been quite some time since I did my first TO job and I have several under my belt now, with many more ahead of me. I just want to say thanks once again to all of the guys that jumped in here on my original post and gave so much awesome advice. This community never ceases to amaze me and it is folks like you that make it what it is. Thanks again, I owe you all coffee and a donut if you ever are in my neck of the woods.

Just to want to say Thank You to Klutz for making those table number and record sheet. I've made a few one during my latest go at TO a tournament in the local scene. It adds a "professionalism" to the whole thing, and make the score record much much easier.

Some pictures here: http://imgur.com/ZDTVzz8

A suggestion made to me today that I will defiantly be incorporating in my events going forward:

Don't set your meal breaks during the rush hours of the near by food establishments.

Players (and the TO) only get an hour. If you end up in long lines because all the near by establishments are on meal breaks as well then no one gets to enjoy their food. Move your meal breaks an hour later and every one gets to relax a bit making the second half of the event more enjoyable.

{The near by convention center had two events plus the local (non-retail) businesses seamed to all head to the walking distance restaurants at the same time as my event broke for their meal. It did not go well for many of us and the second half of the event was a rush of catch up.}

2016 March Rules Update

The New Fundamental Event Document and Tournament Regulations are great starting points. I want to make a poster reprinting the Spectators section to be placed at all entrances to the tournament play area.

I made a couple PDF documents that might be useful for other TOs.

Table numbers

j1X9Sby.jpg

These are letter-sized sheets, meant to be folded in 3 so they stand up on their own.

You can add a little piece of tape to hold them in a triangle shape if you want them to be a little more stable.

There are 10 pages to the document (so up to 10 tables), each with the outline of a different ship.

The Table numbers are a great idea!

This might be a bit of a cheeky ask, but you wouldn't happen to have a source file available? I have capacity for about 20 tables, and would love to use these!

Cheers

So as an upcoming TO I was wondering, what's the usual swag for a TO to get? Someone told me they get their own kit all to themselves and I call BS on that lol

Hey there,

i am organizing a tournament in my region. I have the choice between 81m2 and 140m2 .

How much players do you think could i plan for each room?

Thanks and best regards!

You're going to be a TO!!!

Are you sure you are READY to be the SUPREME AUTHORITY - Regional Govenor - Grand Moff - Grand Inquisitor - The right hand of the Emperor himself?!?!?!?!!!

Hi
What is Squadron builder ID in Cryodex (5.1.8)- what should I enter there?

3 hours ago, Spellscape said:

Hi
What is Squadron builder ID in Cryodex (5.1.8)- what should I enter there?

That is referring to the unique squad list ID number that you can get from Voidstate's Squadron Builder ( http://xwing-builder.co.uk ), also known as your voidstate ID (example: 443100). Once you have built and saved a squad list, you can share it as a web link, or print it, and in doing so you will find a short number code associated with that squad (look at the bottom of the squad printout or within its unique URL). If you enter that code in Cryodex along with a player's information, their squad list will automatically get added to your tournament report if you upload it to X-Wing Lists Juggler ( http://lists.starwarsclubhouse.com/ ).

If you don't care about uploading your tournament results to Lists Juggler, you don't need to bother with the squad IDs.

If you do want to export full lists to List Juggler, I suggest that you practice with this feature at least once (create a "Test" tournament in Lists Juggler to complete your test) so you can see how the entire process works.

On tournament day, the easiest way to check squad lists and prepare a full tournament report for upload is to get all of your players to provide you with a printout from Voidstate's Squad Builder, and then you can just copy the voidstate ID number from the bottom of each printout as you enter each player into Cryodex.

Didn't figure this was worth it's own post - can anyone tell me when the store championship/regionals schedule will come out? Kind of interested in checking it out this year.

1 hour ago, jeddy158 said:

So how many of us TOs have use the program for xwing and what do you think about it?

I'm going to test it on my next tournament.

Since I posted that, I've switched over to Cryodex. It's just a lot better. There's so much more customizability, it runs quickly, it runs offline, and it saves everything, so you can go back and look at it years later or add some of the same people who played in previous tournaments into this year's/week's tournament, saving a lot of time if you're running many tournaments in the same community.

I will say that TOME is really intuitive, so I don't think you'll have problems using it. And it runs in a browser, so you can even run a small casual tournament from your phone without having to download an app or anything. Which I guess might mean it would be Chromebook-compatible (I haven't checked). But I've also noticed it does really wonky stuff with MOV and tiebreakers. So I don't know - find what works for you. One of my FLGSs doesn't have WiFi, and the other one changes their password every couple of days, so it's kind of a no-brainer for me, but maybe you have different needs.

22 hours ago, Kieransi said:

Since I posted that, I've switched over to Cryodex. It's just a lot better. There's so much more customizability, it runs quickly, it runs offline, and it saves everything, so you can go back and look at it years later or add some of the same people who played in previous tournaments into this year's/week's tournament, saving a lot of time if you're running many tournaments in the same community.

I will say that TOME is really intuitive, so I don't think you'll have problems using it. And it runs in a browser, so you can even run a small casual tournament from your phone without having to download an app or anything. Which I guess might mean it would be Chromebook-compatible (I haven't checked). But I've also noticed it does really wonky stuff with MOV and tiebreakers. So I don't know - find what works for you. One of my FLGSs doesn't have WiFi, and the other one changes their password every couple of days, so it's kind of a no-brainer for me, but maybe you have different needs.

I run cryodex primary also I just what's other people opinion is.

Are the links to the Table Numbers and score sheets still active?