Kansas City Area Armada

By Perakkir, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

We have a tournament scheduled for May 2 at Tabletop Game and Hobby in Overland Park, KS. Points may be 180 or 300, we will decide soon. News and shared ideas on our FB page: KC Star Wars Armada.

First tourney: May 2, Tabletop Game and Hobby in Overland Park KS.

Picture of a recent game by KC area players...

post-232339-0-58033200-1429199796_thumb.jpg

Next tourney in the KC area: June 13 at Tabletop Game and Hobby, Overland Park, KS.

Man, I wish I had checked this board earlier! I live in KC and Tabletop has been my FLGS for over a decade (which makes me sound old, but I'm *only* 28...).

Will definitely look into doing that next go round on June 13th. How did the tourney go? Good turnout?

PS - that gaming mat is just...beautiful.

This is Jon. I play at TTG on Tuesdays and some weekends. I play about every other Monday at the Geekery.

The tourney only had 6 players, but a lot of spectators. Many people have said to me they are waiting for wave 1. I see their point, like any game, just the core can be boring. Myself, I am loving all the practice. Its a deep game, which is what attracts me to it.

The mat is from Deep Cut Studios.

J

Hi Jon. I don't play much at the store, usually at home with friends, but it might be fun to branch out with Armada and test my skills against some new opponents.

Let me know and maybe we can find a time to play. J

June 13th at Tabletop Game and Hobby in Overland Park, KS

July 25th at The Geekery in Shawnee, KS.

Both 300 pts, three rounds.

Hey, everyone. I'm in Liberty, MO, pretty new to the area. Working full-time over the summer and back to college in August, but I just picked up Armada (after a couple years of X-winging) and am hoping to squeeze in a few games here and there.

Looking forward to meeting you guys sometime

Maybe you should swing by Wichita with that beautiful map! :)

June 13th at Tabletop Game and Hobby in Overland Park, KS

July 25th at The Geekery in Shawnee, KS.

Both 300 pts, three rounds.

Just saw this. Hailing from NW Arkansas. TTG is a great shop and happy to hear the first event went well. I will let our budding community know about the event at the Geekery to see if we have interest in getting a few people carpooling.

I'll be at TTG this Saturday for the tournament!

Awesome. Hope to see you guys and also work on cross-fertilizing events.

Jon

I'll also be there! This will be my first tabletop tournament, I played a lot of MTG on the tournament level before so I'm excited to try something new.

Awesome!

And for those playing in this event who might need some help with ships or cards, I have an entire rebel fleet to loan, first come first served. I have plenty of imperial fighters and a couple of VSDs to loan also.

My Gladiators are spoken for... :)

Jon

And we have a facebook page: KC Star Wars Armada.

Sweet! Just requested to join it. I will make sure everyone knows. Will the July event also start at 10? (I ask because I assume the June event is too soon for us to organize.)

The one at the Geekery in July is scheduled to start at 12 noon.

Man I miss TT and 31st. The shops here in OKC are really horrible in comparison. Next time I am up in KC I'll try and swing by for a game or two.

Great event today at TTG.

25 July at the Geekery and 22 August at TTG.

25 July at the Geekery in Shawnee and 22 August at Tabletop Game and Hobby in Overland Park, KS.

Tournament at Tabletop Game and Hobby, Overland Park, KS, Saturday August 22, 10 am. 300pts, 3 rounds.

When has this been rescheduled to? I heard Nov 10th while I was there.