Please FFG get a Star Trek License now!

By Crabbok, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

I want Starfleet Vs The Empire using the Armada system! Go!

And hey! OT section!

Nonono! Remake Battlefleet Gothic!

You have:

• the armada rules
  • the 40k licence
  • the spaceship miniatures (forbidden stars)

How about a Battlestar Galactica wave? A Single Standalone Expansion - can be played by itself, or fully integrate with Armada!

Um, hello?

Babylon 5.

End of discussion.

Some day I'll have to actually watch that show.

Some day I'll have to actually watch that show.

Yes, I recommend starting today.

And all of the above shows should get FFG Armada expansions.

The Last Starfighter Armada? No wait, Batteries Not Included Armada!

Naw those are more of A Shelbyville... I mean X-Wing idea.

The Last Starfighter Armada? No wait, Batteries Not Included Armada!

:P

But seriously, did you say Batteries Not Included? Why not Cocoon then? ;)

Um, hello?

Babylon 5.

End of discussion.

Oh god, yes.

The Last Starfighter Armada ? No wait, Batteries Not Included Armada!

Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada! It's IN THE NAME!

But really, who would be insane enough to fight Alex Rogan in a gunstar (one of the most badass ships to ever grace the screen)?

Edited by Deathseed

Getting back to the original topic... FFG could do wonders with the Trek license. A properly balanced adventure game with great components and polished artwork? Sounds awesome! A quick-playing Card game that intermixes diplomacy with warfare and exploration? Incredible! A role-play system that isn't as grindy and nerdy as the older grognard RPGs that use the same seven dice? Most excellent!

I've always believed that Star Wars was the more casual and honest of the two Star 'verses and Trek was the more pocket-protector nerdy kind... that said though, Trek has certainly had a run for the worse over the years when it comes to gaming. With only a few good board game titles (Fleet Captains and the DBG are the only ones that really spring to mind) the only table top game in the limelight now is Attack Wing... which just got curbstomped by Armada.

The Star Trek license is sold to WizKids, and they also licensed the X-Wing Rules system. While Armada and X-Wing look just better made, Trek has an appeal of its own. So I really consider starting both and going for crossovers too (including Battlestar Galactica from Shapeways).

The Star Trek license is sold to WizKids, and they also licensed the X-Wing Rules system. While Armada and X-Wing look just better made, Trek has an appeal of its own. So I really consider starting both and going for crossovers too (including Battlestar Galactica from Shapeways).

Yeah but the Star Trek figures look so horrible.

If one is willing to put work into repainting them, they can be quite cool (I know several people who have), but I'm not about to bother when I have Armada :D

Well let's also remember the license deal FFG has with Disney now. Buying the Star Trek license and producing a game like Star Wars Armada or X-Wing might infringe upon the deal FFG has with Disney. Companies can be very territorial about deals like this one.

Would hate to see Disney prevent future licensing of Star Wars IP becuase of other games with competing themes. (It happens.)

What other space IP does Disney own?

What other space IP does Disney own?

I know they did own the US rights to StarBlazers/Yamato, but their "Hollywood adaptation" wasn't approved (Yamato was re-cast as the Iowa, it was set in US, etc). Not sure if they still own the options or not.

I know they did own the US rights to StarBlazers/Yamato, but their "Hollywood adaptation" wasn't approved ( Yamato was re-cast as the Iowa, it was set in US , etc). Not sure if they still own the options or not.

VadersFacepalm-e1326822497624.jpg

Stay on target.

Seeing how well this system works for capital ships makes me so sad to see Attack Wing. This is such a good system for capital ships.

As to Badly Done 5, no. I tried to watch and just couldn't get through it, so...no.

I doubt FFG would try and openly compete with Wizkids considering Wizkids already gave them a truck load of money to licenses the flight path system that Wizkids use in their ST Attack wing game. Besides it seems liek FFG is content with the Star Wars G Lucas license with Disney then to try and pull the licence with Viacom form Wizkids. IF Wizkids loose the license then maybe we will see FFG but from what I have heard Wizkids does a decent (if not as good as X-wing) job with their game.