Other games of Interst

By Master of R'lyeh, in CoC Off Topic

Last Night on Earth - awesome zombie game with many scenarios to keep the game interesting

Magic the Gathering - at least they realized white borders suck

Dreamblade - Out of Production but still an awesome game, Like chess meets magic

All Flesh Must Be Eaten - A zombie RPG that kicks major butt.

Horrorclix - Great skirmish type CCG game with a Horror Theme and Lovecraft elements as well as unique 5 sided plastic card design

Monsterapocalypse: La web es http://www.monsterpocalypsegame.com/default.php

This is Monsterpocalypse, a fast-moving, action-packed strategy game played with high-quality collectible miniatures portraying the most fearsome giant monsters on Earth! Each battle takes place in a city that you and your opponent construct by placing buildings on a city map. Players choose their forces from their respective collections of figures and then battle one another with giant monsters and supporting units such as tanks, flying vehicles, and all manner of creatures

Kingdom Hearts TCG: It is an awesome game and will interest any hardcore kingdom hearts player or anyone wanting a different card game than the usual.

I agree with Card_Breaker, it is a very fun game that is very reminiscent of the actual video game, and I guess it is a good way to wait out until the next game comes out (which is in 2 days!!!!)

I have to agree with them. Kingdom Hearts is a really good game. I mean you have you basically wait them out deck *coughminecough* Aggro and World Racer. It's really fun and you dont have to buy millions of packs to get SR cards since most of the SR's are also R.

Vampire: The Eternal Struggle

Best Multi-player ccg out there, and it's been around for close to 15 years now.

Tournaments usually consist of 4-5 player tables, and it's not a quick game. Tournament rounds tend to last 2-3 hours.

If you're looking for something with some depth, complexity and intrigue, check it out.

well not including ffg

zombies!!! such a fun simple game. its always a good deal of fun and so easy to teach new players in like 5 minutes.

heroquest its was the first board game that i played that made me enjoy the hobby on a level other than monlopy or checkers. wish someone would reprint this.

Necronomicon , an online card game based on the Cthulhu Mythos!

Mythos , an earlier CCG from Chaosium. More story based than CoC, which is good or bad depending on what you're looking for.

Mythos CCG, the predecessor

Call of Cthulhu RPG, the progenitor

Pendragon RPG, the antithesis

World of Darkness RPGs, the extrapolations

And board games of all kinds (Citadels, Agricola, Thebes, Carcassonne, and so on...)

Been playing Monsterpocalypse since Horrorclix went under, and it's a lot of fun. You have six different factions, from giant robot defenders to dinosaurs. My faction is the Lords of Cthul, a group of tentacled beasts from another dimension, obviously based on the Cthulhu mythos.

Basically, each monster has an army of 15 units it can take into battle. The game takes place one of several city maps, which also contain building models that, if secured, give the monster various benefits. Of course, the buildings are usually reduced to rubble during the battle, either for power dice (allowing the monster to generate more powerful attacks) or when you throw your opponent into buildings for additional damage.

The sculpted figures are beautiful. The game is easy to learn, but can be difficult to play. Each monster has different abilities, changing how you play the game and how you battle your opponent. It's a pretty fun way to spend a few hours.

Old World of Darkness (any game line) - My fav Rpg. Atmosphere, political/ social satire, Hot ass Goth-chicks.

Star Trek CCG 2e - Best representation of Trek in card form. Extremely well playing game. Great Look. Helps that I'm a Trekkie gui%C3%B1o.gif

Dragon Strike - Old game, TSR's attempt to distill DnD into Boardgame form. Most hated it, I love it, just a great game experience.

Maplestory iTCG - Awesome anime-ish art and an interesting play mechanic, too bad WoTC kills any game they produce that isn't Magic.

Rage - My first ever ccg experience. Great art, mostly good play. Fond memories...

Arkham Horror is the obvious answer.

Race for the Galaxy (cards, in space...a little complicated to begin with, but very fun when you wrap your head around it)

Small World (fantasy Risk done right, based on Vinci which I haven't played)

A Touch of Evil is fun- my wife and 13 year old daughter love it. Also, a little more family friendly than Last Night on Earth (which is a great game, too).

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - The US version is surprisingly good and deserves a little more credit than it gets.

Betrayal at the House on the Hill- Is a great game that's getting hard to find.

That's just staying in the horror genre. I'm looking forward to the Deadlands game by Twilight Creations.

Dreamblade Now that it is out of production you actually can afford to buy the game. Anyone around in Germany still playing the game?

There is an interesting, albeit disturbing, miniatures game called Spine Spur...

ok game wise being in the uk i have alot of RPG's mainly the white wolf one's

i play magic not a big fan have a zombie deck that a mix of sets and blocks

play VETS (evil card game) played that by email befor

and i am curently runing a dnd 4 ed game

There are many Cthulhu/Mythos based RPG's out there but one that seems to be getting a good amount of press and quality reviews is Cthulhutech.

www.cthulhutech.com

A lovecraftian future with some anime style.

Fun miniatures skirmish game. You have to buy your own minis, but the rules are free.

Mythos Miniatures

tssfulk

PS: DisclosureI wrote the rules.

Also playing MonPoc weekly, (and a few of the other games mentioned). With the affordable LCG format, Im actually getting into Warhammer:Invasion and back into Game of Thrones. Last Night on Earth = Awesome!, Star Wars Miniature battles, and Crimson Skies (The airplane combat clix game NOT the video game). Munchkins, Chez Geek...

I picked up a few of the Horror clix but it never took off here. Everyone seemed to complain about the incompatability with Hero clix rather then just playing the **** game. Around that time I picked up Halo clix too, which now that I think of it, didn't take off for the same reason =

I saw someone mention Vampire:The Eternal Struggle? Man, I played that when it was called Jyhad. That was a long time ago! Believe it or not, On the Edge has begun to make a resurgance too in my local brick and mortar store.

Lord of the Rings CCG, the game that got me into the whirling world of collectible cards! **** you, JRRTolkien!

Battlestar Galactica CCG, another game I got hooked on to but fortunately they discontinued it soon enough. huahaha!

We have been playing Yomi since it cam out a couple of weeks ago. It is a fighting game with fixed decks. Yomi plays more like poker or blackjack than any ccg.

Other games that interests me and currently own.

B-17- Flying Fortress : Single Player Board Game, next to impossible winning a bombing mission, fun

Blackbeard- late 90s (?)- TONS of rules, I found it difficult to play

Space Hulk (the 3rd edition)- sitting in my storage, good game

Coup de Etat- very old boardgame 1990s- fun fun game, very funny take on gov't corruption

The Hunt for Red October- early 90s- still a classic

Sum of all Fears- early 90s- tons of tokens, easy to play

A Line in the Sand- early 90s- fun to play, game came out after OPeration Desert Storm

Arkham Horror- excellent

Space Hulk- Death Angels- excellent

Warhammer Quest- (still brand-new, have not opened since buying it in 1995?)

For PC- currently playing RIFT (mmorpg), Forsaken World (free to play)

I mostly play miniatures games. Waramachine, Uncharted Seas, Infinity, etc... although chiefly Warmachine these days. I have relatively little CCG experience, only having played Call of Cthulhu and Netrunner (both are fun). I used to be a big boardgamer but it's sort of fallen to the side over the years. Still have a pretty big shelf of them though, Ticket to Ride, Ra, Tikal, Through the Desert, Puerto Rico, and so on.