Losing a shared die

By RDArco, in War of the Ring

Using the Twilight of the Third Age Expansion, we have two shared dice, Gandalf the White/Galadriel, and Witch King/Balrog. I understand that bringing in one of the two characters will bring the extra action die into play. However what happens when one of those characters is killed, but not the other?

Scenario 1) I bring in Galadriel and get the Galadriel/Gandalf die. Then I bring in Gandalf the White. Galadriel dies. Do I lose the die?

Scenario 2) I bring in Galadriel and get the Galadriel/Gandalf die. Then I bring in Gandalf the White. Gandalf dies. Do I lose the die?

Scenario 3) I bring in Galadriel and get the Galadriel/Gandalf die. Galadriel dies and I lose the die. Then I bring in Gandalf the White. Do I get the die back?

Scenario 4) I bring in Gandalf and get the Galadriel/Gandalf die. Gandalf dies and I lose the die. Then I bring in Galadriel. Do I get the die back?

Thanks in advance...

-B-

RDArco said:

Using the Twilight of the Third Age Expansion, we have two shared dice, Gandalf the White/Galadriel, and Witch King/Balrog. I understand that bringing in one of the two characters will bring the extra action die into play. However what happens when one of those characters is killed, but not the other?

As long as at least one of the Characters is in play, you keep the die.

RDArco said:

Scenario 1) I bring in Galadriel and get the Galadriel/Gandalf die. Then I bring in Gandalf the White. Galadriel dies. Do I lose the die?

No.

RDArco said:

Scenario 2) I bring in Galadriel and get the Galadriel/Gandalf die. Then I bring in Gandalf the White. Gandalf dies. Do I lose the die?

No.

RDArco said:

Scenario 3) I bring in Galadriel and get the Galadriel/Gandalf die. Galadriel dies and I lose the die. Then I bring in Gandalf the White. Do I get the die back?

Yes.

RDArco said:

Scenario 4) I bring in Gandalf and get the Galadriel/Gandalf die. Gandalf dies and I lose the die. Then I bring in Galadriel. Do I get the die back?

Yes.