I am liking the idea for a Warhammer LCG because...

By Guest, in Warhammer: Invasion The Card Game

Warhammer has a world, a background to every race, a story to be told for every character. Turning Warhammer into a LCG is heaven for me, because I loved that concept in L5R (legend of the five rings) but I still hated that the l5r relied on boosters.

Its funny because when I was in highschool and there was no Yugioh or Pokemon...just Magic and L5R I decided to use my journal book for drafting ideas for a card game (instead of school work). It was just a dream and I knew that is all it would be because I was young had no art team or publishing company.

The concept that I came up with was essencially a LCG. My friends and I created tons of cards for the game out of index cards. Years later I got a call from one telling me that someone read my mind or saw us playing at lunch or on break because a game called Warlords CCG had released. It was identical to the idea for a card game that i came up with. The only difference was it still required boosters so it was still a CCG, where as mine was a LCG version of it. We came up with the stories and new cards for each race and cards and equipment available for the characters...who ever stole my idea for the Warlord TCG obviously missed the most important design for the game...NO BOOSTERS.

Anyways I am super glad that years later after Warlord has died to see FFG trying this novel idea for LCGs instead. I will be sure to buy this the day it releases to the public.

Keep up the awesome work FFG!

Well, Warlord has been actually re-released as a LCG, so you might want to step up and claim those copy rights. ;)

Curse you R-O-B-O-T HOOOOOOOOWS!! ... well at least the art still sucks...imo lengua.gif

I think I am going to have to look up the creator of Warlord...seems I have a nemesis.

TO THE KAMI CAVE!!! *runs off into the shadows*

EDIT: NVM Warlord has been dead since 08 muhahaha

Art is like a million times better than it used to be. Check some pictures here http://wikiwarlord.com/index.php?title=Main_Page in the card lists, in adventure path articles.

No, really, Warlord is still going. In '08 the original publisher ended it, then sold it Phoenix Interactive. The newest set was just released about a month and a half ago, in a very similar format to an LCG.

If you still don't believe us, here's a press release of Phoenix getting distribution back to the US:

Linky