Campaign Hero Trays

By Gothsonika, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

Threw these together at our local makerspace the other day. Our hero's were losing track of where all their cards were by the end of the campaign. First image is what all 4 hero's looked like at the end, 2nd pic is just filled out for completeness. We started using strain tokens to mark card exhaustion, flipping them took much real estate and rearranging of the play area, so I kept with that and put a spot for a strain token on each card, and 2 on the main card for once per activation abilities.

QoalXIi.jpg?1
C9KGmSG.jpg?1

Daaaaaaaaamn.

Those are pretty. I shudder to think of the cost in materials and time.

Awesome!

It's just one laser cut sheet stuck to another blank sheet right?

I was planning something along these lines for organizing my IMP stuff, but don't really have the resources to make it as slick as these.

What are the dimensions of one of these trays? These speak to my OCD in naughty ways....

Must.... Have....

Daaaaaaaaamn.

Those are pretty. I shudder to think of the cost in materials and time.

Thanks! It cost under $10/board for the materials and cutting time on the laser. Time was less of an issue, Couldn't sleep one night so I designed it in sketchup in a few hours. Cut it the next morning, then glued and sanded the edges. Probably around 6 hours total time. I'll spend a few more painting them up (just primed them this morning).

Awesome!

It's just one laser cut sheet stuck to another blank sheet right?

I was planning something along these lines for organizing my IMP stuff, but don't really have the resources to make it as slick as these.

Correct!

What are the dimensions of one of these trays? These speak to my OCD in naughty ways....

Approximately 20"W x 8.5"L x 1/4"H

I want!

Would you be willing to provide the sketch up files?

Impressive.

Amazing work!

Impressive.

what material are the boards?

what material are the boards?

They are 1/8" masonite (HDF).

You selling these? (I needs to bling out my IA!)

-shnar

Gothsonika, have you looked into the possibility of sourcing out materials / shipping means for your trays of awesome? Being that IA is a game worth investing in, I wouldn't be suprrised if you had a market for your wares.

If it wasn't a royal pain for you, it might be worth it for you for some 'side money'.

What type of wood did you use? thickness, etc?

I'm planning on getting these cut at a local laser cutting service in town.

Thanks for the sketchup file. Its a brilliant design.

What type of wood did you use? thickness, etc?

I'm planning on getting these cut at a local laser cutting service in town.

Thanks for the sketchup file. Its a brilliant design.

It's 1/8" masonite I picked up at an art supply store. It's also sold as "S2S Hardboard" and HDF. I prefer this material because it engraves better than plywood (the veneer is too thin and chips off) and I don't need the wood grain for this kind of project.

The big box stores only carry the S1S stuff (Smooth-1-Side) so I'm stuck paying a premium at the art supply store. They carry it in 24"x36" sheets, which is the max the laser I use can support. Takes the better part of 2 sheets for the 4 trays.

You selling these? (I needs to bling out my IA!)

-shnar

Gothsonika, have you looked into the possibility of sourcing out materials / shipping means for your trays of awesome? Being that IA is a game worth investing in, I wouldn't be suprrised if you had a market for your wares.

If it wasn't a royal pain for you, it might be worth it for you for some 'side money'.

If you're interested send me a PM. I have a price point in mind but not sure of the forum rules for these kind of things.

(I honestly am not sure how to PM in this forum :/)

-shnar

Sadly I think this would cost a small fortune to ship to the UK. :(

Shouldn't be too expensive as they cant weigh that much? I've sent a PM, would want these to get to Belgium :D .

Sadly I think this would cost a small fortune to ship to the UK. :(

Shouldn't be too expensive as they cant weigh that much? I've sent a PM, would want these to get to Belgium :D .

I'll weigh them tonight to get an idea of what shipping will look like.

(I honestly am not sure how to PM in this forum :/)

-shnar

There's an envelope icon in the top right (messenger), click it and a menu will open, select "compose new" and type in the recipient's name. If there's an easier way, someone chime in. :)

Click on the persons name, a window will pop up and select send message.