Did I get conned?

By Markeddy, in BattleLore: Command

After waiting until online multiplayer was available before parting with my hard-earned cash, I couldn't believe my luck when I read that this wish was now fulfilled and I couldn't spend my cash quick enough.

On closer inspection I find that it is only real-time online play that is available, which, to me is pretty useless as I don't have the time to sit down and play for an hour or so in 1 hit, I would think, like the vast majority of people that play this type of game.

While the campaign mode is very good, can anybody say if async play is in the pipeline in a future update as I feel this game is just that one final step from being a masterpiece!

Asynch play really needs to be added. It would turn this game from a casual pick up and play now and again - into one of the main games I play daily on my phone. I enjoy the game - but I can't devote the time needed to play real-time very often. However - I can make a turn here and there 10 times a day.

Please FFG! Make this addition to the game!

Can you let us know if it is even in the roadmap for development? Or is it not a feature you intent to include ever? Thanks!

I'm sorry,

Asynch play is so over rated. Who is going to play a 1 hour game over the course of 3 days?

I know no one.. i mean no one who plays Asynch games unless is something on the order of Case blue or some grand strategic game.

Battlelore by its nature is a Casual pickup and play.

Cool - I guess that settles it - since Atraangelis doesn't play Asynch - no one else needs it! ;)

I have played Asynch games with more than 30 different people. I've participated in tournaments on BGG for Ascension that was all asynch play. I have 3-4 carcassonne games going at a time with different people. I have 2 small children and a very busy work schedule most weeks - unfortunately for me - Asynch play is really the only way a game sees play on my devices... especially with multiplayer games. And yes - some people are OK with games taking many days. I have a carcassonne game that has been going for more than 30 days now... we just take our turns as we can.

There is a market for it - even if you don't see there to be.

On 3/27/2015 at 4:21 PM, SoyGreen said:

Asynch play really needs to be added. It would turn this game from a casual pick up and play now and again - into one of the main games I play daily on my phone. I enjoy the game - but I can't devote the time needed to play real-time very often. However - I can make a turn here and there 10 times a day.

Please FFG! Make this addition to the game!

Can you let us know if it is even in FileZilla Malwarebytes Rufus the roadmap for development? Or is it not a feature you intent to include ever? Thanks!

On closer inspection I find that it is only real-time online play that is available, which, to me is pretty useless as I don't have the time to sit down and play for an hour or so in 1 hit, I would think, like the vast majority of people that play this type of game.

Edited by CELIYATSIA