Tyrion Lannister (LotR)

By MagicMissile, in 2. AGoT Rules Discussion

Hi folks,

Last GoT-session, as i tried out my new NW/Clansmen deck, there came up 2 big questions (for one i already found and answer here)

when Tyrion Lannister is attacking or defending, do knelt clansman participate (and thus count their STR), even they don't have the appropriate challange icon?

the 2nd question was about, if the knelt clansman can be stealthed. But Bomb already clarified it in this thread .

Does someone know, if the thread Ratatosk mentioned here , is still available somwhere?

Greeting

Magic Missile

when Tyrion Lannister is attacking or defending, do knelt clansman participate (and thus count their STR), even they don't have the appropriate challange icon?

Icon status does not matter for the knelt clansmen. Challenge icons are only checked when a character is declared as an attacker or defender. The knelt clansmen are not declared in the challenge with Tyrion, so there is no rule checking their icon. Since they participate through Tyrion's ability, any restrictions on that participation would also be a part of that ability.

the 2nd question was about, if the knelt clansman can be stealthed. But Bomb already clarified it in this thread .

Does someone know, if the thread Ratatosk mentioned here , is still available somwhere?

That thread is probably gone since it is well over 2 years old by now. All it probably says is that the word "cannot" is absolute, so the fact that stealth is defined as "cannot defend" means that there can be no defending by any means when a character is bypassed with stealth. As it says in Bomb's thread, this is different (and more restrictive) that "cannot be declared as a defender."