Set encounters?

By Ceodryn, in Zombie Apocalypse

Hi, yes I know it must have been discussed before. I am here however to ask whether anyone would be willing to share their set encounters/cards/ideas (assuming you have them electronically).

I have the game, never ran it locally as I cant find players, but am supposed to run it in a couple weeks at a small convention. Only problem, I have zero time to prepare (new dad and job) and will thus go completely improv, but I would prefer some set scenes (especially in or around an hotel since the convention take place in one).

My thinking is to use a type of zombie similar to World War Z (movie) or 28 Days, and start the outbreak during the convention.

Scenes:

1) Outbreak - Need to flee the room - Combat

2) Stairs - Up or down (depending what they decide) - Chase

3) Parking Garage / Hotel Room / Roof - Break/Breather - Assessing the Situation

4) Road - Escape - Chase (but less intense, more suspense)

5) Equipment Gathering / Store - Social Encounter / Combat with Humans / Combat with Infected

Any other ideas? If you have prepared set/cards, I would love to get my hand on something more concrete if you are willing to part with them.

Cheers

You might try to track down the excellent adventure from " All Flesh Must Be Eaten" (another zombie rpg game) called "Coffee Break of the Living Dead". It wouldnt work perfectly for you but it is about an outbreak starting during a normal day at the office. The PCs all get trapped in an elevator and by the time they get free the whole building is swarming with their undead co-workers. The "rage" zombies are a interesting choice and have their own challenges. You should try to play that up, show mobs of them running down cars and hunting through the convention halls like raptors. Also try to imagine the stuff at the convention halls, describing dusty plastic palm trees and vending machines can go a long way to setting up the scene.

thanks, I'll definitely will check that adventure.

Again, not exactly what you asked for but I thought the encounter hooks here are really good. Many seem to be set at least a few weeks into the outbreak though. I find having a table like that to fall back on works really well when I have to improv, so I hope it helps.