Help building Starter Decks

By Jivewookiee, in Android: Netrunner Deck Building

Hi, I bought Netrunner and absolutely loved it. Me and my friends played for a while just using the neutrals and the faction combo suggested in the book. After playing that for a while I decided to buy more.

I bought two more cores, all of the Genesis Cycle, all of Spin Cycle, Honor and Profit and Creation and Control.

I am now completely overwhelmed by the options of deck building available to me. I find this to be quite different to other card games I've played and I'm having trouble deciding where to start.

I normally hate net decking as I would rather loose with my own deck than win with the World Champions. However, that being said can anybody help me put together a basic deck for each faction that demonstrated their strengths and weaknesses, without using more copies of a card than I have?

After playing with those I feel I could start making my own decks, I just need a far better understanding of how each faction runs.

Thanks for your time, Jivewookiee

EDIT: I forgot that I have the Spin Cycle

Edited by Jivewookiee

Honestly, just for exploring the card pool, there's no shame in Netdecking. I'm useless at playing, let alone building, either Criminal or Jinteki, so I netdeck those factions all the time just to expand my repertoire.

Also, there's also nothing wrong with making proxies for playtesting and learning. That way you can even narrow down what purchases you want to make going forward, and buy the packs for the deck you've decided on when you're ready to throw your hat in the ring for an event of some kind.

I feel you with the "don't want to net deck" thing. You can have championship decks and easily lose with this game. I'd say it's 80% skill and 20% cards you chose. The only other CCG card game I've really played is Hearthstone and I loved making crazy decks in that. I've just recently gotten into A:NR and I hope those opportunities are here too.