Organization XIII custom characters

By RedMageStatscowski, in Fan Creations

Hi there, I have created an investigator sheet for every member of Organization XIII, and equipped them as closely as I can while still keeping with the items available in the items in Arkham Horror. So no Chakrams or Claymores, but still equipped with items.

Tell me which one you want to see first:

Xemnas

Xigbar

Xaldin

Vexen

Lexaeus

Zexion (personal favourite)

Saix

Axel

Demyx

Luxord

Marluxia

Larxene

Roxas

Give me tips on how to improve them, both game-play but also to make them more like the real ones (item and ability-wise)

And please, to make it easier for me... I will only post the sheet request of the FIRST ONE TO REQUEST. Then once we finish talking about him/her, I'll accept another request.

Unfortunately, you seem to be missing both pictures and links. I cannot see the characters to give criticism. Sorry.

Very funny, I NEVER DID PLACE PICS OR LINKS

I asked people to vote for one and I'll place a pic of him/her on.

These can probably go in the "Custom Investigators" thread right below yours.

There's 13 members, I want to give them out one by one so people can have a say on one before going to another. So I had to create my own thread.

I've just created another version of Xemnas, showing him while he's in darkness. When you want to see Xemnas, also specify if you want the light (easier to use) or darkness (better abilities, but worse starting position)

Bad news, I had to scrap Xemnas, his stuff is wrong. He won't be available for some time. Do vote to see members 2-13 though

Never mind voting, just post one of them and we'll tell you what we think! I don't mind who appears first, since I didn't know what Organization XIII was anyway. Until I googled it about five minutes ago.

(You could just put them all in the Custom Investigators thread, though. I won't be put off even if you post them all at once; I'm quite used to writing posts which critique a backlog of about twenty investigators).

Organzation XIII, I like this just because of that topic. I know nothing about this game but I comend because I like Kingdom Hearts. Got to let me know how this works out.

I can tell you like Kingdom Hearts, and I guess I'll put up Zexion first, my personal favourite.

zexionorganizationxiii.png

I wanted to add his own Lexicon as his starting items, but I guess the Necronomicon makes a good replacement. The Lexicon will be his ability. Note I copied the ability off another investigator, just renamed the ability titles.

Ignore the story so far, it got cut off.

Basically just Marie, right? I'm all for re-using investigator abilities, but taking both from one character seems a bit much. Also, the Necronomican is a pretty good piece of starting equipment for a spellcaster -- maybe too good. Personally I think random items are more interesting and easier to balance, but it's your call.

Well he's holding a book so he's gotta start with a book that doesn't get discarded. I'll wait for another 2 comments before moving on to the next member.

You think 1 unique fixed item is too good? You should see what my friend did. NO RANDOM ITEMS, just fixed items that he likes to start with.

Knuckles Eki said:

Well he's holding a book so he's gotta start with a book that doesn't get discarded.

You think 1 unique fixed item is too good? You should see what my friend did. NO RANDOM ITEMS, just fixed items that he likes to start with.

Hmmm, well you could always choose a different picture...

And one fixed unique item isn't excessive, but it might just be more fun to give the character more random spells. I designed a spellcasting character a while ago whose starting items were basically cash, clue tokens, and three random spells. It's always entertaining.

Why does he remove a doom token? It seems like he ought to have some sort of illusion power.

Knuckles Eki said:

Well he's holding a book so he's gotta start with a book that doesn't get discarded. I'll wait for another 2 comments before moving on to the next member.

Well, of course, Strange Eons balances things out with costs.

I just find that using fixed possessions is a bit of a cop-out sometimes. I mean, if you want to use an investigator that has Marie's ability and starts with Wither or Shrivelling, for example, of course nobody will stop you. I just think it goes against the spirit of the game. I mean, it's a cooperative game, so I really don't see the sense in creating overpowered investigators.

I should mention though, that I really don't know the theme these investigators are supposed to be based on. It's Kingdom Hearts, right? Having never played any of the series, I can't comment on how faithful these writeups are to the source, all I can do is comment on their playability and design.

Alright, next member, Roxas will love it, since it's Roxas

roxasorganizationxiii.png

I do not know why the background turned out black, but it's good enough. I can't give him a keyblade since there's no item called Keyblade, so I just give him a Saber, since they're both used roughly the same way. I made him balanced stats.

Nobody wants to talk about Roxas? I'll put up another member if nobody wants to talk about him.

Are all the special abilities going to come from official investigators? This guy is fine, but he's almost the same as the Psychic, except he doesn't have a focus on spellcasting.

Every one of the special abilities come from the other official investigators. I cannot make my own incase they're overpowered, but I just rename them. Anyways, some abilities give the investigator less focus when I rename, so in those rare cases, I don't rename them, even if it sounds strange.

Here's Roxas's best friend.

axelorganizationxiii.png

I think this is one of those times where I can't rename the ability. I wanted to name it 'Twin Fire Chakrams". His background is also black for some reason. And I gave him a knife since I can't give him actual chakrams.

Got it memorized?

Not sure if you know, but Strange Eons lets you build items as well. You've mentioned a few times that you can't give the investigators the items they're supposed to have -- why not try writing them up as well?

mattherobot said:

Not sure if you know, but Strange Eons lets you build items as well. You've mentioned a few times that you can't give the investigators the items they're supposed to have -- why not try writing them up as well?

I could, but if it gets lost, I can't shuffle it back into the deck (for obvious reasons)

Knuckles Eki said:

I could, but if it gets lost, I can't shuffle it back into the deck (for obvious reasons)

True, but everyone else who makes or uses custom items has the same problem. The Custom Items thread is a healthy 18 pages long, so I'm guessing that most of us don't think it's a serious problem....

As for re-naming the special abilities: Strange Eons is probably apply some sort of balancing measure, and when you re-name the ability, it thinks you've invented a new ability. You might be able to adjust that effect in the preferences menu.

But seriously, I wouldn't worry about inventing new abilities which are unbalanced. Official cards aren't always perfectly balanced either - the latest expansion is all over the place. Plus, you might just end up making an unbalanced investigator anyway, by matching special abilities and stats in an unbalanced way. Many of the official special abilities would be much better or worse depending on whether they were paired up with certain stats/skills/items.

No offence, but if all these characters are just going to have pre-existing abilities, we're probably not going to be be able to find much interesting to say about them... which is why no-one had much to say about Roxas. if you're after a lot of constructive feedback, start by coming up with the maddest crazy-ass new ability you can think of, and we'll help you turn it into something that works. If you post something overpowered, we won't keep quiet about it, believe me! That's what this subforum is for.

Alright fine, if you wanna see Sephiroth I'm placing him on the Custom Investigators thread, and his ability is way strong.