Pre-Rogue Squadron Pilots

By Gunner070, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

Hoth 64 - Luke Skywalker (0301)

Core 21 - Black Squadron Pilot (0017)

They are considered to be "piloting" when they are played as enhancements, right?

I'm sure I missed one or two other examples but those two that came to mind.

Nm, yes they are. I just read the rules update. lol

I have a question after this then. Rogue 3 could have both Luke and Wedge making a great combo. Now, can only one of them be on rogue 3? Since the new set says you can only have one pilot

on a ship?

I have a question after this then. Rogue 3 could have both Luke and Wedge making a great combo. Now, can only one of them be on rogue 3? Since the new set says you can only have one pilot

on a ship?

Correct

Wow...that's a big nerf-bat for a pretty specific combo. Aw well...fair well Fun hoth deck.

thanks for the swift reply, despite crushing my most fun deck Toq.

Edited by napoleonWilson

Wow...that's a big nerf-bat for a pretty specific combo. Aw well...fair well Fun hoth deck.

thanks for the swift reply, despite crushing my most fun deck Toq.

I also like to play aggro-speeder with Hoth Luke and Wedge ... But I've actually got both of them on my Rogue Three so rarely that I don't consider it a big loss. The combo was great (and when I had it, I won handily) but quite conditional. Though I did manage a turn two win by using A Hero's Resolve to play Wedge on Rogue Three after my opponent won the edge battle and shot Shadows Yoda "to be sure for the next turn"

It's easier to load your Rogue Three with a Pilot enhancement and the Astromech Upgrade ... And that combo is still fully legal. Not only that, with a good draw you can now drop it turn one with only 4 resources: Play Rogue Three , Enhance the Rogue with the Astromech Upgrade, attack and Stay on Target whatever pilot you have available for a minimum of 3 Unit Damage and 5 Objective Damage, plus whatever fun power your pilot gives you now.

Heck, you can even Stay on Target your Rookiee Pilot for the additional icons on Rogue Three . And yes, that works. Rookie Pilot is a card with the Pilot trait, which makes it legal to "put [ a Pilot card] into play from your hand or discard pile as an enhancement on a target friendly Vehicle unit", making the Rookie an enhancement and Rogue Three piloted.