Talisman forums in need of subforums?

By talismanisland, in Talisman

I just happened across the AGOT:LCG forums and saw that they were subdivided into different categories and wondered why the board game forums did not follow this pattern.

agotnl7.jpg

Does anyone think there is anything to be gained here in having subforums?

If it's anything like v4, we'll definatly need a Rules/FAQ Forum... lengua.gif

I've always found it easier to simply have everything on one page so you can see specifically what things you would like to read all in one place. You could argue that if it was divided into subcategories you could do the same thing by avoiding a subcategory all together, but sometimes there could be something in that subcategory that you are interested in, when 90% of the time you would not bother to look in there. For me it is just one more un-needed click.

As long as people write good topics in their posts, there's probably no reason for sub forums.

I always find subforums keep the multiple posters from going too crazy asking the same question over and over. Even though I believe in the good nature in people to read forum rules about searching everone knows it happens. If this board keeps growing in posts though, we will need subsections.

gatefold313 said:

I always find subforums keep the multiple posters from going too crazy asking the same question over and over. Even though I believe in the good nature in people to read forum rules about searching everone knows it happens. If this board keeps growing in posts though, we will need subsections.

I have to agree 100% with this.Being a little proactive now will save time/space later when the forums take off and the games start shipping.

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if it would benefit from sub-forums. Perhaps a series of "stickies" would be more in order.... ?

I'd like to second a motion for stickies, but I think a Rules/FAQ subforum would be a fantastic idea.