Star Wars or Warhammer Conquest Longevity to collect. lotr coc too big

By alexbobspoons, in Living Card Games

Hi

So at the moment i am putting together a full collection of warhammer invasion and thoroughly enjoying the process. So much so that I am looking around for my next project once i have it complete.

I like the idea of call of cthulhu and very much lord of the rings, but i am a completionist and the massive amount of product really puts me off as its a bit too much and still going. Cant guarante id ever catch up and that all product would remain available.

So instead ive looked at star wars and warhammer conquest. I like the way the rules and games read-up and like both equally as well as loving the settings. But both games are still alive, so its hard to guess the future investment amount.

Will the new films dry up content for sw or inject it with new?

Has sw been slowing down?

Will gw be funny about wc license?

Does the gw model range restrict how much product comes out for wc?

Do gw players go more for miniatures than cards?

WI got stopped, will wc?

Can i really catch up to lotr?

What are peoples opinions and guesses on the longevity and lifetime of these please?

Interested in thoughts.

Thanks

Edit: now im really considering lotr instead....

Edited by alexbobspoons

Go with LotR. It's incredibly good as game, can be played on many levels and with so many combos (starting from going solo to assign yourself more than one deck at the same time) and such a great flavor that, possibly, it's the best LCG around, in terms of "narrative feeling". It's not that much to recover, tho, especially when compared to Invasion, that you had completed; consider they keep on reprinting all the APs on a regular basis, they have the Saga series running that possibly will last for another two years (or more) and that the pace at which expansions reach the market is actually slower than one pack / month (since in some months they release only nightmare decks), you can easily recover

Get Star Wars. It's amazing fun. License got renewed last fall and new movies, books and TV episodes injects it with so much more content.

Thanks so much :)

The solo aspect of lotr has won me over.

Spending here we come :)

Thanks again

Enjoy the game then! :)

Just to tie off this thread, ive had my first two games of lotr and 100% happy with my decision, awesome game :) thanks.

Happy you're enjoying the game, Alex :) In case you want, you can give a look at this entry in my blog. In the various comments there are some guidelines of the first quests in the game (it'll be expanded during 2015 to cover hopefully everything up to the end of Dwarrowdelf)

Thanks Julia looks some good info there thank you. Had a little read but don't want to get ahead of where I am playing at so have bookmarked for later :)

Thanks for passing by and checking it :) Whenever you want, it's there :)