named characters

By druchii, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Does anyone no where i can get stat lines for named characters? my group is currently runnning through the second edition stuff and i'd love to bring some named guys in but cant find any stat lines, i would of thought someone out there would of done something

If you want second edition stats for named characters use Warhammer fantasy miniatures stats as a guide. If you don't have those stats they should not be too hard to find.

Generall converting the chars stats to WFRP is pretty easy. You just add 0 to the digit in their WFB stats and presto. If somehow they will end up as too weak, then just house rule the crap out of them. ;)

Does anyone no where i can get stat lines for named characters? my group is currently runnning through the second edition stuff and i'd love to bring some named guys in but cant find any stat lines, i would of thought someone out there would of done something

Anyone in particular? 2nd edition mainly kept clear of profiling famous characters from the setting but some where covered between source books and prewritten campaigns. For example I love the stat line of Manfred Von Carstein because it reflects the simple fact that if a party were so much as to frown in his direction he would obliterate them in less time than it took to read this.

Also while I can see the use of named NPC's in background of your narrative I am of the opinion that RPG's in general should focus on the characters and any such stars only detract from that if on talking terms with the party (not only this but 2nd edition parties would really struggle to even be of status to be put in a position to meet such a character) or if they are wanted for antagonists then there's no party in 2nd edition that I can think of a named character they would have a hope in hells chance of combating.

Anyone in particular? 2nd edition mainly kept clear of profiling famous characters from the setting but some where covered between source books and prewritten campaigns. For example I love the stat line of Manfred Von Carstein because it reflects the simple fact that if a party were so much as to frown in his direction he would obliterate them in less time than it took to read this.

Also while I can see the use of named NPC's in background of your narrative I am of the opinion that RPG's in general should focus on the characters and any such stars only detract from that if on talking terms with the party (not only this but 2nd edition parties would really struggle to even be of status to be put in a position to meet such a character) or if they are wanted for antagonists then there's no party in 2nd edition that I can think of a named character they would have a hope in hells chance of combating.

Out of curiosity: where did the stats for Mannfred can be found? I've never saw an official stats for any famous WFB character, like Helborg or Grmigor.

Out of curiosity: where did the stats for Mannfred can be found? I've never saw an official stats for any famous WFB character, like Helborg or Grmigor.

It is in Night's Dark Masters

It is in Night's Dark Masters

Thank I'll check it out. I think that's the only named special character in WFRP.