Game Pictures and Video up on BoLS

By Nematode, in Forbidden Stars

Thanks for the link! Don't know what's BoLS, but actually, I get what you're saying (seriously, why all this hatred?)

Love those minis and the dice look superb.

The Eldar Phantom looks amazing can't wait to paint it in Fir Lirithion colours

Sugoi!!!

FFG does it again! Not conent with just the Horus Heresy board game, the 40k rpgs, 40k Conquest and the upcomming Relic expansion... they now have to go and releas this thing!

It would be easier if my boss deposits my wages directly onto FFG's bank account. :D

In other words: I like it. ;)

FFG does it again! Not conent with just the Horus Heresy board game, the 40k rpgs, 40k Conquest and the upcomming Relic expansion... they now have to go and releas this thing!

I'll play you through FaceTime...... Just need to grab a copy of the game. :D

I'm just happy to see the starships back.

40k starships have a very unique and awesome aesthetic, and it's an element of the IP that GW is doing nothing with at the moment - aside from turning out awesome artwork of naval battles as filler in rulebook releases.

I would love to see FFG pick up a 'proper' naval game for 40k - not necessarily workable since they wouldn't want to compete with Armada as a 'four ships fighting' game, but maybe possible as a huge strategic naval engagement - a dozens-of-more ships per side thing, as done in the horus heresy era.

After all, Space-Fleet was a boardgame before it was a tabletop wargame...

What were the 3 different Eldar Titans called?

Warlock, Phantom, and????

Edited by Papa Midnight

Dammit, I gotta ask:

Revenant Scout Titan

That was it!!!

Thanks! :D

Dammit, I gotta ask:

Revenant ...... Ninja'd

I'll stop hijacking the thread after this last question. :D

Was there a larger Eldar Titan than the Warlock? If so, what was that called?

Edited by Papa Midnight

Wow...those comments in the video link...

Game look really interesting. I don't really like the board setup and look but i'll give this a chance and see how it works.

Have to say though, the minis look incredible and the theme is really cool. Might as well add it to my collection.

Edited by SolennelBern

...and now i'm interested...

I want this game so bad...what's happening to me?!?

I'll stip hijacking the thread after this last question. :D

Was there a larger Eldar Titan than the Warlock? If so, what was that called?

I think there was - produced by Forgeworld, so it cost upwards of £200. Can't remember if it was a different type of Titan though (it might even have just been a highly detailed Revenant)

I remember (some) of the clans being:

Hearts Armoured for Battle (Lirithion, Iyanden)

Watchers over Ancient Wrongs (Ulthwe)

Protectors of the Fallen

Caurifel

...and now i'm interested...

I want this game so bad...what's happening to me?!?

I had the same emotions run over me too, right after I watched the tutorial thingy. :D

Maybe I have a great deal of nostalgia for my Epic miniatures that I never got over from the '80's. ;)

Yeah i was seriously surprised to see those figures as i was under the impression that only GW was allowed to make warhammer minis. (And thats why we got busts instead of figures in Relic) Especially the spaceshipsseem like they are straight out of Battlefleet Gothic.

Oh yeah, Papa? I don't think the Eldar had a bigger titan than the 'lock. Unlike the Imperium, the Eldar know when to quit. :)

Oh yeah, Papa? I don't think the Eldar had a bigger titan than the 'lock. Unlike the Imperium, the Eldar know when to quit. :)

There was a picture of what looked like (to me, at the time) a larger Eldar Titan, but I simply don't remember where I saw it at. Must be my old age. :ph34r:

Edited by Papa Midnight

thats the thing with titan art- it can be hard to tell how large these things are.

I'm so buying this! I played many SC games and love it. FS look like a cool way to play a wonderful game with maybe less stuff all over the place. What is cool is that both games (SC and FS) have their place in a collection. I love FFG!

A few observations:

It seems that there are 2 planetoid pieces that each player is able to field, as well as 2 ships. Thus, in my opinion, this game might be more involving than the simple 'build pieces, attack and capture opponents' areas, then win!' complex. Which might suggest that the event cards and similar will have a greater effect than the simple build and attack model of boardgames.

Secondly, am I seeing infantry pieces or are the pieces which have a banner atop rubble a "possession" piece?

Check out Rodney Smith's clips from a game of Forbidden Stars at Gamma Trade show.

Edited by Robin Graves

One of the pictures in my last link shows the Ultramarine player's data card, and another which is a little harder to see has the ork player's card. On the Ultramarine card, the improvements he can build are city, factory and bastion. The units listed are scouts, strike cruisers, space marines, land raiders, battle barges and warlord titans. The small and big flag units are the scouts and marines.

The ork player has the same improvements. His units are a bit hard to make out, but from what I can tell they are ??? boyz, ???????? attack ships, nobz, battle wagons, ??? ?????? (bigger ship), and gargants. If I knew a bit more about orks, I might have some better guesses about what some of the words are, but its just too fuzzy for me to make out.

The one before the boyz might be "grott mob" but I'm not sure. The spaceships however are the Onslaught attack ship and the Ork Battleship.