Pathfinder animal companion for long term bonding

By DevonDs101, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

Hello everyone,

I am designing some characters for a friend of mine. I think she might enjoy the Seeker Pathfinder class.

Do those of you that have experience with pathfinders in the game have any suggestions for a good companion animal to start with?

I'm not looking for a combat "monster" and it would be best if it was something that isn't completely tied to being in the natural environment all the time. She likes to RP and it would be nice if the animal was at least somewhat useful.

We are starting with 150 EP she will most likely have force rating 1 but I can raise it to two if it really increases her potential experience.

I have the Force and Destiny, Edge of Empire and a couple of the other earlier books (don't have Hutt or fly casual)

Anyway, if you have suggestions please let me know.

Thanks for being one of the friendliest boards I have experienced. I have mostly lurked for the past years and am enjoying being more active here.

Has not had stats yet (may be in the newly announced AoR book) at least I do not think so. But how about a baby Thranta from Alderaan. Fun for now as a little flying beast and when it grows up is a flying mount :)

Nexu kitten!

Nothing can resist cuddliness of that magnitude

First thing that came to mind is a gold fish. They are easy to care for and easy to get rid of when they depart the mortal world. :D

Beyond that why not have a look at some of the creatures that were in Star Wars Galaxies. (Google up Star Wars Galaxies Beastmaster). You have Wookiepedia and several sites that will also have creatures that range from the cute and cuddly to those you would never want to meet in a dark alley.

If all else fails the universe is big, make something up, Totoro or the Neko Bus comes to my mind here as a possibility. And either way far better than a gold fish.

Sea monkeys!!!!!!!!

Sea monkeys!!!!!!!!

The sea monkey has my money.

Take a peek at Stay on Target, there are some animals there for the Beast Rider. You may also want to take a peek at Suns of Fortune and re-skin some of the beasts there.

Go for FR 2- once you have the bonded animal compaion, it's literally just 20 more XP.

There's plenty of interesting Sil 1 creatures- there's a lot less useful Sil 0 ones.

Tribbles...