Question on Assembly

By player575045, in Warrior Knights

Got a question that came up in a recent game, and the argument got very heated.

Player has the "Royal Treasurer" (unsure of the name) charge that says at the start of Assembly, he can charge a tax of 4 crowns on any one player with 15 or more crowns.

Assembly comes up, and he selects me to collect 4 crowns from. I then instead elect to be banned from the Assembly.

He says that because it's a charge, I would have to have chosen to be banned from the assembly when he got the charge, because in the rules, only laws state that when you don't want to obey, you can choose to disobey then.

I make the argument that in the rules, it gives an example specifically about taxes that states you can refuse at the time the tax would be collected.

Page 12 of the Rulebook, under " Being Banned from the Assembly " states, "Laws may be refused whenever a Baron is required to
comply with the law," in the third paragraph, so you would be correct.

In my previous post I did not take into consideration that the agenda is a Law verses a Charge. However, if you were elected to recieve the charge, you would have to have refused it when it was passed. It is not possible to refuse something that is not given to you. I would argue that you are refusing to comply with a law that the charge puts in effect, not the charge itself, but I must admit the rules do not specify your particular situation.

I would think that if you were not present to be charged at the assemble, then how can you give the money to the treasurer??

goto a movie - pay $10 - then leave ??

Common sense has it for me - like what was said before, you choose to comply with the law that has one baron act as a treasurer when the meetings are started. If you choose to not comply with the law that entitles a baron to do something, then you are going against the vote of the assembly and thus, take a walk. my 0.02

If you have already collected your votes for attending the Assembly then you must pay the piper. Simple as that.

I agree with the previous two posts. If you were going to leave, you should have stormed out when you didn't recieve the charge. Pay the money with a smile, then take out your frustrations on his cities.