Unique cards?

By Mostarda2, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

What means, page 26 - Unique cards: When a unique card is inplay, no player can play or put into play another card with the same card title ?

I was playing , and I had Obi- Wan and Yoda , The Two have the symbol of unique card , I just can USE ONE OF THEM ???

AND, if my opponet have darth vader, he cannot use too? because " NO PLAYER can play .."

Then we can never have vader and palpatine side by side against Luke and obi wan ? I hope that does not mean that...

You may play (or put into play) one copy each of a unique card like Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Luke Skywalker, R2-D2, Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, etc., etc. (no matter which version of a card like Yoda or Luke is already in play).

Each of those cards has a different card title (i.e., the name of the unit ).

I did not know existed more versions of a character . I bought the core set only , and did not see any duplicate . Maybe that's why my confusion . Thank you!

I did not know existed more versions of a character . I bought the core set only , and did not see any duplicate . Maybe that's why my confusion . Thank you!

With only a single core set, the unique rules won't matter. If you buy a second core set or other expansions you'll be able to build decks with multiple copies of the same unique unit. (Also, you'll be able to play with your favorite units more consistently when you have more than one copy in the deck :-)

Yes. I'm from Brazil, I spent a few days of vacation in Orlando and had the opportunity to visit the coolstuff.inc, there bought the core set. Now back to my country I could play and loved the game! I regretted not having bought the expansions, since here are not sold, and the import is pretty expensive shipping = /