My player came up with a custom morality strength/weakness pairing. Thoughts?

By rowdyoctopus, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

We are playing an EotE centric game, however he wanted to go Force Sensitive. We decided to grab the FaD Beta to incorporate a larger range of Force powers and the Morality mechanic as I prefer a more fleshed out system than what the EotE book provides in regards to the Force.

Anyhow, my player didn't feel like any of the provided Strengths or Weaknesses fit his character very well. I encouraged him to come up with his own if he felt that way. I feel like he did a pretty good job. He wrote up the following:

Emotional Strength -Loyalty

This character shows a strong loyalty to those he believes to be close to him. This leads him to trusting them and go out of his way to do good by them. He can be a very good ally.

Emotional Weakness - Distrust

Trust is a fragile thing. If a crack forms in it, forever will the trust be broken. If this happens too many times this character can start to look for the cracks in every relationship he has. Too often he will find something to distrust that really never existed.

Thoughts? I don't have much experience with the Morality mechanic, but I feel like this will work perfectly fine.

:wub: It's great.

The strengths and weaknesses are purely for improving role play, so practically anything you're comfortable role-playing will work. And this is the best homebrew strength/weakness I've seen so far.

I was about to say thanks, but remembered I didn't come up with it. I'll pass it along though.

Thanks for the RP advice though.

Edited by rowdyoctopus

That looks pretty good. The strengths/weaknesses in the book are not typically opposites. The Emotional Strength is usually a Virtue of some fashion, while the weakness is what happens when you take that virtue to an extreme. For instance, a Jedi's strength could be his sense of Justice, but his sense of justice could blind him and cause him to do cruel things in the name of "Justice".

What your player came up with is good, though.

That looks pretty good. The strengths/weaknesses in the book are not typically opposites. The Emotional Strength is usually a Virtue of some fashion, while the weakness is what happens when you take that virtue to an extreme. For instance, a Jedi's strength could be his sense of Justice, but his sense of justice could blind him and cause him to do cruel things in the name of "Justice".

What your player came up with is good, though.

Along those lines, this character has trust issues because in his past he was extremely loyal to people that betrayed him in the end. So that kinda works out. Thanks though. The player is the one with the FaD Beta book and I haven't gotten a chance to read through it thoroughly aside from a once over a few weeks back.