Parasite Cage Level 7 x3
Dragon Maleficent Level 9

Dark/Villains:
Captain Hook Level 8

World:
Destiny Islands Level 1 x2
Monstro Level 1 x2

Card Count: 49

i would say the oathkeepers are not needed. its up to you but i think its 2 cards you could drop

demonofturks said:

Player/Light:
Riku Level 2

Friend:
Owl Level 0
The Mayor Level 0
Chip & Dale Level 0
Moogle Level 1
Winnie The Pooh Level 1
Cid Level 1
Tigger Level 1
Jack Skellington Level 1
Phil Level 1
The Cheshire Cat Level 2
Yuffie Level 2
Jack Skellington Level 2
Jack Skellington Level 3
Beast Level 3
Donald Duck Level 4
Goofy Level 4
Leon Level 4
Sephiroth Level 4

Magic/Friend:
Bambi Level 3 x3
Simba Level 3 x3

Attack:
Olympia x2
Soul Eater x3
Oathkeeper x2
Oblivion

Dark/Heartless:
Large Body Level 3 x2
Invisible Level 5
Behemoth Level 5 x2
Darkball Level 6 x2
Parasite Cage Level 7 x2

World:
Disney Castle Level 1 x2
Monstro Level 1 x2

Card Count: 49

friends-
you have a lot of cards that you dont paticularily need...a deck in almost always going to be better/more consistent if it has fewer cards ... you have a lot of uneeeded level 4s.,, there going to be very hard to play because you only have 3 level 2s and 2 level 3s and then 4 level 4s...leon is uneeded becaus eyou will get power from you sephiroth but if you have monstro and both sephy and leon out at the same time that means you need to discard sephy and he is MUCH better then leon ... if you take out your bambis and your donald level 4 it helps with your level 4 situation as well as cutting your deck in size...I dont think bambis are worth playing because if you can manage to play them you draw 2 cards...but think of all the times your opponent will keep an owl out and the bambis are a dead draw...you could have drawn a car you know you can play instead of this mambi you cant... (Dont know if that makes sencee ... i cant verbalize what I think about this atm it seems:P) Im trying to say if you dont have it in your deck you can draw half the amount of cardsw you would with a bambi that you can more then likely play ,,,, If your dead set on keeping a few level 4s goofy is alright ... but I find unessesary but if your not playing a second sephy it can help you get some power... yuffie is a bit useless imo as well but you need some level 2s...some cards I would suggest for you are triton, and herc lvl 3...possably donald/goofy lvl 3 if you feel you need another level 3 friend...

attack-
the oathkeepers are unessisary here...for them to be of use, you need to have your opponent play a dark card on you... and that isnt going to be often seeing as you have few worlds and 1/3 of them are disney castle... I think olympia is a terrable cards seeing as it does nothing when your going agaisnt a sephiroth(It doesnt discard sephy)

dark cards-
cutting the number of your cards in a deck means you can have fewer dark cards....you have a lot right now which is alright...it doesnt loook liek its an unreasonable amount but large body is not a good card...if its the one im thinking of...if you play it on somsones world and they defeat it they get to draw a card which is really really good for them (You really dont want them to be drawing cards :P ) you have lots of lower level dark cards which is fine agaisnt another aggro but will lose agaaisnt a wr... you need higher level darks to force escapes from them... cards I suggest are ones like captain hook because you arnt playing tinks .. and if you can get it out agaisnt another aggro its great because they need to beat it before they can heal...oogie boogie is a good solid villian with a lot of power and a lot of wrs rely on jacks to bounce cards from there worlds so they will have jacks in there deck they cannot play if you have oogie out :) ursula is another strong card... cards you dont need are darkball forsure! and invisible is dece at best :P

Uhhm and i just saw how long this is and i feel retarded now so im done ... hope I helped!

*EDITED MAJORLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vertically Challenged said:

I think olympia is a terrable cards seeing as it does nothing when your going agaisnt a sephiroth(It doesnt discard sephy)

Olympia is a great card. If your opponent uses Soul Eater and you can't beat him/her, then at least you'll only take 1 damage. If Oblivion/Ultima are played, thats major support lost. Another card it is useful against is Fairy Harp. Plus, if your opponent did happen to play combo attacks (Lady Luck, Divine Rose), then you'd get to discard them all.

*Deck edited yet again*

demonofturks said:

Player/Light:
Riku Level 2

Friend:
Owl Level 0
The Mayor Level 0
Chip & Dale Level 0
Huey Level 0 - I see your trying for control
Dewey Level 0
Louie Level 0
Tidus Level 0

* No King? He can search for ANY card plus he can be used as Simba fodder and whatnot

Moogle Level 1
Cid Level 1 - Good to draw more since you have the ducks
Pinocchio Level 1 x2
Donald Duck Level 1
Tigger Level 1
Jack Skellington Level 1
Phil Level 1
Aladdin Level 2
Goofy Level 2
Jack Skellington Level 2
Hercules Level 2 x2
Beast Level 2
Jack Skellington Level 3
Hercules Level 3
Beast Level 3
Leon Level 4 - If Monstro Lv 1 is out and this and Sephy are out, you'll be forced to discard Sephy. If you plan on using him to permanently get higher level cards, Sephy will do it unless forced out. But if Owl is out, it shouldn't be a problem.
Sephiroth Level 4

Magic/Friend: - My only concern is if Owl will get in the way. This is already 7 cards of dead draw.
Tinker Bell Level 0
Bambi Level 3 x3
Simba Level 3 x3

Attack:
Olympia x2 - Good choice, it can help in tight situations. Fairy Harp is another choice.
Soul Eater x3
Divine Rose x3
Oblivion

* No Ultima? If you only want this many Attack cards, at least replace Oblivion with it, Ultima is much better.

Dark/Heartless: - Good, but maybe cut back on Heartless a little. I found them to be dead draws against Aggro, plus with Jack Lv 3, 5 can already be bounced/destroyed. I wouldn't get rid of ParaCage though, it is very useful.
Invisible Level 5
Behemoth Level 5 x2
Parasite Cage Level 7 x2

Dark/Villains:
Captain Hook Level 8

World:
Monstro Level 1 x2

Card Count: 54

Card_Breaker said:

I think olympia is a terrable cards seeing as it does nothing when your going agaisnt a sephiroth(It doesnt discard sephy)

Olympia is a great card. If your opponent uses Soul Eater and you can't beat him/her, then at least you'll only take 1 damage. If Oblivion/Ultima are played, thats major support lost. Another card it is useful against is Fairy Harp. Plus, if your opponent did happen to play combo attacks (Lady Luck, Divine Rose), then you'd get to discard them all.

Olympia is not a great card, in fact I think it's pretty terrible

1)Complete Dead draw against WR

2)they play soul eater you can: a) Use olympia and get rid of it so you only lose 1 point
b) Use a card in place of olympia that has more that 2 atk (pretty much any other attack or friend) and make them lose a point
I chose b)!!!

3)Timing: Unless you draw it at the same time (say this happens 50% of the time) as one of their atk cards you will either have to discard it or keep it in your hand and draw one less good card.

so 50% of the time your not only wasting one card (the card that could of been in place of olympia) but your also wasting more by having it in your hand

Hopefully this gives you some insight into why this card is not good, and Demon, you deck is looking a lot better than it was when you first posted it :) , good job

GTrogi said:

Card_Breaker said:

Olympia is not a great card, in fact I think it's pretty terrible

1)Complete Dead draw against WR

2)they play soul eater you can: a) Use olympia and get rid of it so you only lose 1 point
b) Use a card in place of olympia that has more that 2 atk (pretty much any other attack or friend) and make them lose a point
I chose b)!!!

3)Timing: Unless you draw it at the same time (say this happens 50% of the time) as one of their atk cards you will either have to discard it or keep it in your hand and draw one less good card.

so 50% of the time your not only wasting one card (the card that could of been in place of olympia) but your also wasting more by having it in your hand

Hopefully this gives you some insight into why this card is not good, and Demon, you deck is looking a lot better than it was when you first posted it :) , good job

I have to agree with Card_Breaker here and here's why.

1) Oblivion and Ultima are dead draws against WR as well, but everyone runs those, so that point isn't valid at all.

2) Olympia has just as many uses as those other cards your talking about. Olympia is just more control/disruption, than straight beatdown. In a complete Aggro environment, controlling the challenge is very important....think of a situation where someone plays an Ultima and your screwed and can't beat it cause all your holding is a Divine Rose, or Lady Luck, or some other lame attack card like you referenced...but if you had an Olympia, your back on top.

3) It doesn't need to be there EVERYTIME. Even if it's there for one challenge in a whole game...that one challenge could be all you needed to win. It's a back up plan, not something to rely on. Even if you draw it early on, and keep it in your hand, one card doesn't make that big of a difference to your gameplan, at least it never has to mine. I'm still able to play what I need to, draw into what I need to, and STILL keep ahold of that Olympia with no trouble, it's all about deck building and playing the game.

4) Just cause it can't stop Sephiroth doesn't make it terrible...run your own Sephy and Olympia the attack cards they need to overcome the Sephy mirror...it's that simple...also an invalid argument.

Bottom Line: Olympia is FAR from "terrible". It's a great tech card that no one sees coming because they think like you guys do. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's anywhere near the best card in the game, I'm saying it's a card that should not be underestimated. Just because it doesn't work in your local meta also doesn't make it terrible. Your in a meta where a guy thinks Balance Decks are good for pete's sake, lol.

Once again, this comes down to how well it works for you and against those in your local meta. Playtest it and find out for yourself demon.

Along with what WaytotheDawn said:

5) It could potentially make the opponent waste a Pinocchio. The usual hold onto card is a Soul Eater, Oblivion, or Ultima (maybe Sephy if it hasn't been played yet). The opponent normally wouldn't expect an Olympia.

6) If Owl or Wizard isn't in play, then the opponent can play Tinks or Simbas during a challenge. Though this doesn't happen too much as it could easily be played during the Action Phase, it can stop them from recovering HP or from destroying your friends that you need for that challenge.

But the main reasons why it can be great is in WaytotheDawn's post.

I think, until the next set, WRs won't be as competitive and aren't often played. So, it's a safe bet that Olympia might be used during a game. Referring to what (insertnamehere) said, I believe that Olympia isn't as expected to be held in a player's hand. But, I also removed 3 Bambis from my deck, getting rid of 6 possibly drawn cards. Holding this cards in my hand may prove to hinder me if I don't use it the turn I drew it. I could end up holding the card for a while. For now though, I'm putting 1 Olympia into the deck.

DONT GIVE INTO THE DARK SIDE DEMON!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOO

LOL sorry ... couldnt help it...I like the idea of being able to kill tinks that are played in a challenge but I think its a card that rely's too much on your opponent and I try to not build decks build on what my opponent might play..

Multiple quotes were not working so you just have to imagine :P

Ok, first of all you have convinced me its not a terrible card, however I still can't see it finding room in my deck:

-Quote-
1) Oblivion and Ultima are dead draws against WR as well, but everyone runs those, so that point isn't valid at all.
-End Quote-

The point is 100% valid, it is an aspect of the card that is bad, Oblivion and Ultima both get considerably worse because of this also.

-Quote-
2) Olympia has just as many uses as those other cards your talking about. Olympia is just more control/disruption, than straight beatdown. In a complete Aggro environment, controlling the challenge is very important....think of a situation where someone plays an Ultima and your screwed and can't beat it cause all your holding is a Divine Rose, or Lady Luck, or some other lame attack card like you referenced...but if you had an Olympia, your back on top.
-End Quote-

ok, any other atk card just happened to work in that specific example however I can't justify any of those atk cards you mentioned making the cut in a deck either, I actually consider them to be much worse than olympia, however they were in the example as they worked better in that specific case, however I belive a friend would do the job much better. Also controlling the challenge is better acheived by being established in the game, idealy with your sephy out and theirs dead, olympia doesn't help with this cause and in most cases a friend, who can help you challenge and help bridge/cast is a better choice.

Now I realise ultima/oblivion don't help bridge/case either however there is a key difference: ultima and oblivion have more atk power than any friend currently in the game, so they can help you get a win even when your losing on the feild, whereas olympia just gets you back to even.

-Quote-
3) It doesn't need to be there EVERYTIME. Even if it's there for one challenge in a whole game...that one challenge could be all you needed to win. It's a back up plan, not something to rely on. Even if you draw it early on, and keep it in your hand, one card doesn't make that big of a difference to your gameplan, at least it never has to mine. I'm still able to play what I need to, draw into what I need to, and STILL keep ahold of that Olympia with no trouble, it's all about deck building and playing the game.
-End Quote-

This is valid, I beleive that every card in your deck should be working synergistically to achive one goal, assuming it works with the rest of your cards to acheive what you think will help you win great, if its just in there to hopefully win 1 challenge, ignoring any long term goal, I think it should be re-thought. I do believe in your deck it is the former so thats all good.

do note: Reliability is a good thing!

-Quote-
4) Just cause it can't stop Sephiroth doesn't make it terrible...run your own Sephy and Olympia the attack cards they need to overcome the Sephy mirror...it's that simple...also an invalid argument.
-End Quote-

very true, unless your goal is to overcome the sephy mirror by killing their sephy, then olympia doesn't help in that goal and there becomes an incongruance in your deck, also olympia doesn't help YOU overcome the sephy mirror (whereas ultima/oblivion does)

-Quote-
5) It could potentially make the opponent waste a Pinocchio. The usual hold onto card is a Soul Eater, Oblivion, or Ultima (maybe Sephy if it hasn't been played yet). The opponent normally wouldn't expect an Olympia.
-End Quote-

Are you telling me your not gonna be keeping your Soul Eaters/Oblivions/Ultimas/Sephys? if your bumping ANY of these cards for olympia I think you have bigger problems

-Quote-
6) If Owl or Wizard isn't in play, then the opponent can play Tinks or Simbas during a challenge. Though this doesn't happen too much as it could easily be played during the Action Phase, it can stop them from recovering HP or from destroying your friends that you need for that challenge.
-End Quote-

It is 100% very useful in this instance, however like you said it doesn't happen too much

-Quote-
Bottom Line: Olympia is FAR from "terrible". It's a great tech card that no one sees coming because they think like you guys do. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's anywhere near the best card in the game, I'm saying it's a card that should not be underestimated. Just because it doesn't work in your local meta also doesn't make it terrible. Your in a meta where a guy thinks Balance Decks are good for pete's sake, lol.

Once again, this comes down to how well it works for you and against those in your local meta. Playtest it and find out for yourself demon.
-End Quote-

My new bottom line, not terrible indeed, however, unless you lack some of the more rare cards (ultima) I can't see it with a place in a deck

Also I wouldn't consider dut in my meta, he lives 8 hours away and I've only ever played him twice

In closing I would Love for you guys to post your decks so I can build them and try out how olympia works in my meta, who knows, you still might convince me yet ;)

ok I may have been a bit harsh to say olympia was a terrable card...

but does it belong in post decks...probably not...we aim for our decks to be as small as we can make it so it can be more consistent and when I make and playtest a deck I look at what card didnt really help me win or was almost always a dead draw and what I could generally do without and then I take it out....that would be olympia...I will take consistency in my deck over have a card that might be useful once...because if i go through my deck 3 times and it was useful once...well...i dont like those odds ;)

Anyways.... heres how I see olympia

Player 1: Challenges with oblivion/ultima
Player 2: Plays olmpia

....well thats great now your tied ... player 1 can now pass and if player 2 passes then it ends in a tie and nothing happens ... or the challenge continues and player 2 adds a card...

Now your thinking...thats great! Player 2 adds something annd there winning!!!

How often will this happen in reality...for it to happen consistently you would probably need to hold it in your hand for a few turns and thats like having a duck out for those turns and everyone hates the ducks!!!! :P

Everyone also knows how important draw power is...that is why peopel play things like bambi's and stopras (or the ducks to stop drawing) so keeping a mediocre card in your hand is just logically a bad choice...

The fact is, is that this card s probly only useful agaisnt oblivion or ultima...any other attack card is generally worse then most friends in your deck (and the chances of getting 2 divine roses off are not very good at all) ... and I dont think that a card that is good agaisnt 2 cards out of 41 deserves a spot in my deck.... Id rather draw a friend card that is always going to help me in a challenge then a card that might help me even out the playing feild 2/41 times ...

If you like a more inconsistent deck that is very opportunistic and relys on your opponent though...this cards for you!!! ;) lol!

Hmm...this seems to be comes down to, especially with Vertically Challenged's post, a matter of playstyle.

I'm the kind of player who loves disrupting my opponent and throwing them off guard...in "The Art of War" Sun Tzu mentions using your opponent's own resources against them, so forcing them to use things they don't want to is always an intelligent option, he also mentions feeding off the enemies resources and using them to your advantage. For example (This happens a lot to me btw)

Player 1: Riku 3 challenges with Sephiroth

Player 2: Riku 3 add Sephiroth

Player 1: Soul Eater

Player: 2: Ultima

Player 1: Olympia, discard ultima

Now Player 2 is in a position where they have to use friends that they weren't planning on using, thus limiting they're resources...this challenge could end with Player 1 ulimately losing, but if you've left your opponent virtually friendless (minus Sephy of course) because they've used them all up, that's just good Strategery. This is only one example however, but like I said, I just like disrupting my opponent and especially love being able to tell them No. lol.

To address some other points though:

Of course I'm not choosing Olympia over Ultima/Oblivion/Sephy...that would be dumb..I'm using it as support for those three cards...most times when I play Olympia it's not to "break even" again, it's to put the challenge back in my favor again after they've played something to overcome me...maybe it comes down to how it's used that makes it good or bad...I may be on to something there. hmmm.

The Pinnochio thing Card_Breaker mentioned is an interesting bit of info, as it definitely takes advantage of the fact that no one expects you to be running Olympia and they burn a Pinnochio. I look at that as a sort of added bonus to the card..it's ends up being more disruption.

Vertically Challenged - I don't feel Olympia is "inconsistant" at all. I've playtested many a game with it and it's rarely failed to help me out in one way or another. Even when a player learns my tricks and knows I'm running it, they have to play around it...expecting to see it, or calling it for Pinnochio, making the fact I run it also a bit of a mind game....like Counterspells in Magic, you never know when I'm holding it, so it makes you more cautious.

My deck does not become more inconsitstant when I run it, nor does it make it "opportunistic". You seem to be looking at it one-sidedly...not thinking about everything it could do for you but instead looking at it from a "on paper/stats" sort of view point (it stops X amount of cards in the game, so it's only going to be useful in X amount of situations). Just because something looks "good" or "bad" on paper doesn't mean thats truth. Your opinion could also come from a meta where you don't see a lot of Aggro/Control and this is why Olympia would be dumb to you....I don't know, either way I think you should give it more of a chance like Trogi there, instead of writing it off completely like you seem to be doing.

In the end...I believe it should be seen for what it is, I good Tech card that is good for defensive decks and defensive players, as well as a viable option in Control Decks for throwing your opponent off their game...I see this card becoming more viable with Set 4 and Valor as we'll be looking for more ways to keep our Valor Form around in situations where we could lose it.

Olympia is some of the best tech you can have in aggro mirror's. trading it with a soul eater has forced a 2v1 out of them and robbing them of their win con, basically it's a sweet combat trick. it may only stop a few cards but considering that those cards are either a decks win condition or combat tricks, then paper wise it's good. It's good synergy in aggro control with your other cards and provides...you know...control... Olympia is good at forcing your opponent to over commit or commit cards they wouldn't otherwise want to commit into the challenge.

"Player 1: Challenges with oblivion/ultima
Player 2: Plays olmpia

....well thats great now your tied ... player 1 can now pass and if player 2 passes then it ends in a tie and nothing happens ... or the challenge continues and player 2 adds a card..." -Vertically Challenged

This hypothetical situation doesn't exactly drive your point home. if you are on the defensive, then having nothing happen is good and it buys you time so you can establish control. And again, this situation is a 2v1 in your favor. How is that bad?

"Player 1: Riku 3 challenges with Sephiroth

Player 2: Riku 3 add Sephiroth

Player 1: Soul Eater

Player: 2: Ultima

Player 1: Olympia, discard ultima "

This situation is another beautiful example of olympia getting a 2v1 in your favor and showing that is has offensive capabilities as well. and what if player 2 is at 2hp? then they are put into a tight situation and are forced to over commit their board.

seems good to me serio.gif

I agree, dawn, as the more I think of it, the more I think it just comes down to a deck style choice.

Please post your deck WaytotheDawn and Card_Breaker(your aggro), I would love to build and test them, and then come to an more experienced decision about the card. (and I don't like online playing, I just don't trust it :P )

I will say, I love how for the first time (since I've been here) there has been some good stratagy discussion about this game!

I've loved this discussion.

This is seriously the first time I've had a strategy discussion with someone that didn't de-evolve into a name calling argument. This is what happens when intelligent people discuss a card game, lol.

I'll post my deck soon, I've been toying around with a bunch of different things lately with Set 4 coming out and don't have a definitive deck list at the moment...but I will soon! ^_^

I agree! I love talking about the game but that doesnt seem to happen often! (sorry if i seemed extremely close minded I really was giving it a chance :P ) I hope you post your deck soon Id really like to see why everyone thinks olympia is so good! :P (I definetly just cant put it in my current deck lol) me and gtrogi are going to playtest some decks people have posted on here ... even if the new set is comming out soon anyways :P

I'll have my deck up tonight...I look forward to seeing what you guys think of it.

WayToTheDawn said:

I'll have my deck up tonight...I look forward to seeing what you guys think of it.

It's probably really bad lengua.gif . Just kidding =)

Oh most definitely sir...I apparently suck at this game, lol.

I heard waytothedawn was really bad...is this true?

Oh totally...believe the hype, I'm the worst player in this game. ^_^