Las Vegas area players/tournaments?

By Gunner070, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Organized Play

I've been playing casually for about a year but after a recording where I played "rules-lawyer" for two friends on our podcast (Link below), I really want to get deep in this game (or X-Wing, too). Is there a following here in the Vegas area?

http://www.nerdsandbeer.com/e/swtcg0/

Edited by Gunner070

I know a pair of players just moved out there.

I'll try to dig up contact info and point them to this thread.

I've been playing casually for about a year but after a recording where I played "rules-lawyer" for two friends on our podcast (Link below), I really want to get deep in this game (or X-Wing, too). Is there a following here in the Vegas area?

http://www.nerdsandbeer.com/e/swtcg0/

I played the Star Wars LCG. I moved from Chicagoland to here in Las Vegas last september and have only played in one Star Wars LCG tournament (had 8 players). Would love to start doing something again with the game...

I just moved to Las Vegas also and started playing the Star Wars LCG. Little Shop of Magic ( http://www.shopofmagic.com/ ) says it has a Star Wars LCG open play event on Thursdays (5:00PM - 8:45PM). I'm going to head to the event this Thursday and then report back here what I find.

Please do. I get off work at 5 and I work and live in Henderson, so the earliest I could be there is after 6 (Traffic will suck, lol). But I'll try to make it if it's wroth it.

Please do. I get off work at 5 and I work and live in Henderson, so the earliest I could be there is after 6 (Traffic will suck, lol). But I'll try to make it if it's wroth it.

I live very close to Henderson, but work right next to Mcarren Airport. I'll let you know how it went on Thursday.

Looks like a lot of great meetings happening in this thread, hope it help you all start a fun meta!

So, reporting back after going to the Star Wars Open Play event from above.

It looks like it has been turned into a Android: Netrunner league night. All the previous Star Wars players are now playing Android: Netrunner.

One of the guys there was nice enough to play a few games with me as he had star wars decks with him and invited me back to play Star Wars next week. I'll be attending again to play some Star Wars LCG.

I'll try to be there Thursday, but I won't be there til around 6ish.

Sounds good. Just walk up to the guys playing Star Wars or Netrunner. All are cool.

Missed you yesterday over there. It's all good. If you still want to play, the place I go to a lot is Action Comics on Boulder and Lake Mead. Just let me know when.

Sorry, man. I got stuck at work until 7:30 p.m.. Were you able to find anyone to play a few games?

No, I only brought Star Wars and the guys you had mentioned were just playing Netrunner. It wasn't a loss thou. I haven't been there before and they have a bit more of a selection in the Star Wars games department so I did a little shopping for Imp Assault.

Hey guys. I am one of the Netrunner players from Little Shop. I always have at least a pair of Star Wars decks with me when I go to the shop on Thursdays (actually brought my whole collection last week!)

However, April is a Netrunner league, so I am trying to focus on that. Unfortunately, it appears that the handful of Star Wars players in town are geographically spread out...

In any case, I will be at the shop every Thursday this month, and can definitely play Star Wars if I have an odd number of Netrunners.

I remember one of you saying you brought Star Wars, but you guys seemed to be well into Netrunner and you had even numbers so I didn't want to bug you. I have some Netrunner cards but only the core set, the first expansion, and the first cycle of packs. I could see if I could make a deck or two to play with this week if I go. I can't say for sure if they'll be any good thou, lol. What is the league schedule like? When would Star Wars (the card game or any of the other SW games) return?

Every Thursday is technically Star Wars LCG night, but I never had anyone show up to play (barring jerva 2 weeks ago).

Netrunner league is the next two Thursdays. It is achievement based, and you can score achievements for just playing Core only decks even (and most players have a core only deck or two also!)

I just found out I have to work late this Thursday. But I'm planning on making it out there regularly starting next week.

I couldn't meet tonight, but starting in May I can start meeting up to play some games again. I'll be playing Star Wars LCG, X-Wing, and Armada. Also, if anyone wants to car pool to the SoCal regional, lmk - could always use a few extra bodies to make the trip cheaper. =P

Request sent.

I might be hosting a Star Wars event on May the Fourth (Be With You!) at Little Shop. Details TBD.

Edited by Traden Myr

Sounds good. Post them when you get them. =)

The plan is for casual play and LCG demos on May the 4th at Little Shop around 5:30 pm. Probably some old game night kit stuff to give out (although I am sure JMCB has it all already).

I can meet tomorrow around 615pm if anyone wants to play some games.

I'll be there at around 6. I'm bringing SW LCG and Netrunner.