Jedi Characteristics

By Tancradus, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

Aside from the obvious trees that allow you to use you highest characteristic on your lightsaber skill. What Attributes (and skills) are best for jedis in general with regards to force powers. What is important to you?

Discipline and Willpower come into play on a lot of Force Powers and talents, having a high strain threshold can also help.

Enhance helps increase Brawn and Agility related skills quite a bit, and Influence has a similar impact on many of the social interaction skills.

Its really a question of what kind of Jedi are you. A stealthy detective like obi-wan has different concerns then a pilot beat stick like Anakin...

I am heavy into the healing aspect as I am a doctor. I just may buy dedication and was wondering where to put it. Can you better define Willpower lol. Overtime I start looking through force powers and trees my small kids jump all over me and it is game over... lol

The willpower characteristic is usually the priority stat for "Jedi" because many force powers use Will:Discipline as the skill check so boosting that . For a healer though,Intelligence is probably more important for you as even the Heal power uses Int for boosts.

Of course if your character already has an Int of 4 or 5 you may want to think about another characteristic to balnace your character out a little.

Depends who your character is.

If your a Liberian/knowledge type, then typically int is vital and cunning, presence and will are of equal value. These fellows are not necessarily the best fighters, thus it may/may not be worth taking disapline.

Guardian/defender types would probably focus on brawn and/or agility, typically has either a lot of ranks or a sizeable willpower. Those wishing to be nagosiators should take presence, otherwise cunning is pretty good, but not vital for perception. I find these Jedi are probably better at reacting to then prompting attacks.

A Jedi focused on being the party face would probably at the very least take will and presence and as a secondary int or cunning. Keeping in mind for many Jedi this was their role, I would expect most talkers to be equally skilled at cocursion as an nagosiator, as their role might well force them to threaten particularly tough customers, and remind them what is at stake. Cunning and int could easily be substutued for two of the more combats skills.

A tracker character would probably liberally use seek and sense, but even then cunning and agility are vital, everything else is up to the kind of sential you wish to play.

This is just a mention though, for most part skill with the force is largely independent of characteristics unless you intend on clashing using the force.

If your a Liberian/knowledge type, then typically int is vital and cunning, presence and will are of equal value. These fellows are not necessarily the best fighters, thus it may/may not be worth taking disapline.

Guardian/defender types would probably focus on brawn and/or agility, typically has either a lot of ranks or a sizeable willpower. Those wishing to be nagosiators should take presence, otherwise cunning is pretty good, but not vital for perception. I find these Jedi are probably better at reacting to then prompting attacks.

A Jedi focused on being the party face would probably at the very least take will and presence and as a secondary int or cunning. Keeping in mind for many Jedi this was their role, I would expect most talkers to be equally skilled at cocursion as an nagosiator, as their role might well force them to threaten particularly tough customers, and remind them what is at stake. Cunning and int could easily be substutued for two of the more combats skills.

A tracker character would probably liberally use seek and sense, but even then cunning and agility are vital, everything else is up to the kind of sential you wish to play.

This is just a mention though, for most part skill with the force is largely independent of characteristics unless you intend on clashing using the force.

I should probable state that I am a Soresu Defender and use my int instead of brawn when fighting. I fight smarter not harder and I know where to hit ;) I am sure discipline will be helpful..

I should probable state that I am a Soresu Defender and use my int instead of brawn when fighting. I fight smarter not harder and I know where to hit ;) I am sure discipline will be helpful..

Two things to think about really

1) are you a Jedi that lives in an era where you can openly carry a light saber?

2) if not, how do you intend to contribute to a fight where it isn't necessarily in your best interests to openly wield a light saber? Such as in an busy imperial estate where Jedi are openly acknowledged as a great evil?

Sith swords are one thing, however damage keys off brawn, so it doesn't hurt to have a secondary stat for such times. For me, melee and brawl would be more in keeping of the guardian theme since it also enables you to roll with blows.

Of course, your brawn is secondary to your light saber characteristic, or ranged light/heavy. Just I tend to try and think how my character would have made ends meet in a hostile universe.

Okay. I have a question for you. I was reading something the other day and cannot find it.... where is stated that when you purchase force abilities, they are 5xp cheaper if taught by a master or holocron?

Any help is appreciated :)

Okay. I have a question for you. I was reading something the other day and cannot find it.... where is stated that when you purchase force abilities, they are 5xp cheaper if taught by a master or holocron?

That was part of one of the Beta Updates , and it's only if you have the Mentor resource. The Holocron offers a different benefit.

That was part of one of the Beta Updates , and it's only if you have the Mentor resource. The Holocron offers a different benefit.

Thank you kindly :)