TI3 Glow-in-the-dark, Gold, and Silver Minis

By jchamlin, in Twilight Imperium 3rd Edition

Fantasy Flight Games was giving away glow-in-the-dark, gold, and silver minis as prizes for Twilight Imperium (Third Edition) tournament winners. In or around 2008 I played at Gen Con and came in first place and chose the glow-in-the-dark minis. Here is a picture:

pic2434531_md.jpg

The Twilight Imperium (Third Edition): Shards of the Throne expansion came out in 2011, so my minis set doesn't include the extra minis like flagships or mechanized ground units. So, I can no longer use my trophy glow-in-the-dark minis when playing TI3. I asked, and FFG appears to have never produced flagships or mechanized ground forces in glow-in-the-dark, gold, or silver.

I think the best (and least expensive option) would be to purchase another copy of Shards and just paint a set of four mechanized ground units and a flagship with glow-in-the-dark paint and then clear coat it to protect the paint and match the sheen of the other plastic pieces. I would then offer to sell the remaining seven sets of mechanized ground units and a flagship to others, either painted gold/silver/glow-in-the-dark or unpainted. That would help others that are in my position that have won a set of special gold/silver/glow-in-the-dark minis and can no longer use their trophy pieces because of the Shards expansion. I would then part out the rest of the Shards expansion either on BGG or on eBay.

Anyone interested? If so, please post here:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/18487777#18487777

-J.C.

Edited by jchamlin