Suggestion to FFG about dice

By Kager, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

Please consider having the dice sold individually. I would like to purchase more force dice and challenge dice but no longer need any more ability and skill dice. I am aware of the app but my group prefers to roll actual dice because it brings more of an organic feel. they simply find it fun to toss the dice themselves instead of letting someone else do it for them.

Just a fan providing feedback.

Thank you!

There is a feedback email. FFG does not come here much.

I have to wonder if selling individually would even be worth their time, counting production and packaging. Maybe if they just sold bulk lots to individual game stores they could do that.

Maybe your FLGS can sell them individually? Some might if there is a big enough following. 15 dice in a pack if I recall... $15 for full pack... if a store broke it open and say sold for $2/die... they'd have a lot of extra force dice though.

Maybe your FLGS can sell them individually? Some might if there is a big enough following. 15 dice in a pack if I recall... $15 for full pack... if a store broke it open and say sold for $2/die... they'd have a lot of extra force dice though.

I am not sure it would be profitable. Most players would simply want the Red die, and they would be sitting on idle capital.

I am not sure it would be profitable. Most players would simply want the Red die, and they would be sitting on idle capital.

Then provide the stores with a bulk supply of just the red die and force die, With a few black and blue dice for good measure. Sell them for a $1 or so each.

I smell EBAY racket...

Buy the dice in bulk and sell each dice a buck a pop.../rubs chin

Then provide the stores with a bulk supply of just the red die and force die, With a few black and blue dice for good measure. Sell them for a $1 or so each.

Maybe right... <a problem for better minds than mine...>

Truth be told, I see most people would possibly need a total of 3 sets at most. I have 5, but since I GM and also allow others to use my dice at times, it makes sense to have more. If you have 4 players and they each have a set, if people would share, then there's more than enough ;)

I have four sets, will have a fifth when I get the FaD beginner box. Another player picked up two sets and keeps them at his end of the table. Sure, you can do ridiculous things with Move when you roll seven force dice - but I suspect at least a couple points of force rating will go towards committing to sense/ foresee/ enhance. We have plenty (which is not to say enough) and I've really enjoyed getting to this point.

Might be idea to just take note of results and roll multiple times

I smell EBAY racket...

I think your post pretty much nails it. This is how it went down with the Star Wars figurines from WotC. Websites like Troll & Toad broke the packs up and sold the figures separately so you could get just what you were looking for. They score with a nominal markup and you win because you get exactly what you were looking for. It's a win-win.

I smell EBAY racket...

I think your post pretty much nails it. This is how it went down with the Star Wars figurines from WotC. Websites like Troll & Toad broke the packs up and sold the figures separately so you could get just what you were looking for. They score with a nominal markup and you win because you get exactly what you were looking for. It's a win-win.

I had a Game Store doing something similar to that. You buy your pack and open it at the store. Then keep the ones that you wanted and they would give you credit and sell the left overs. They sold it both in store and on ebay.

I smell EBAY racket...

Sadly, I doubt there'd be enough profitability in an FLGS splitting up the dice packs that way.

It works for the collectible minis for much the same reason it works for CCGs; there's enough demand for specific figures/cards that people are willing to pay large sums of money to ensure they get that specific figure or card; I remember seeing WotC SW minis go for ridiculous prices, particularly the various Boba Fett figures.

Though as far as the OP's post goes, the simplest solution by far is to simply pay the 5 bucks for the dice roller app. Not only does it let you roll as many dice of whichever type you happen to need, but it's also got the dice for their other games as well as a standard dice set. And it's available for both iOS and Android.

I have two sets, and cry heresy if you will, but we like our die roller applications. One of our criteria for game enjoyment is that any roll should immediately tell you bad things or good things so you can get excited. Sure, Triumph and Despair exist, but for large pools, cancelling symbols one at a time is kind of a turn off.

I have two sets, and cry heresy if you will, but we like our die roller applications. One of our criteria for game enjoyment is that any roll should immediately tell you bad things or good things so you can get excited. Sure, Triumph and Despair exist, but for large pools, cancelling symbols one at a time is kind of a turn off.

Heresy!

Besides, with a dice roller app, it's nearly impossible to fudge rolls when cancelling out your symbols.

Hmm, maybe you're on to something...

Heresy!

Besides, with a dice roller app, it's nearly impossible to fudge rolls when cancelling out your symbols.

I do roll dice behind my GM screen when I want the players to be paranoid and nervous.

"Hey, John, what's your Vigilance?"

"A green and two yellows, why..?"

*dice clatter*

"Nothing... no reason. Carry on."

My players also get nervous around Fudge dice for similar reasons.

Heresy!

I do roll dice behind my GM screen when I want the players to be paranoid and nervous.

*dice clatter*

Or knowing what their vigilance is ahead of time. Looking at the character and rolling.

then continuing on saying nothing.

Heresy!

*dice clatter*

Or knowing what their vigilance is ahead of time. Looking at the character and rolling.

then continuing on saying nothing.

<BlatantPlug> On the group sheet in GM Tools, if you include member details, it'll show all of their commonly-used skills, such as Perception, Cool, Vigilance, and Discipline :) </BlatantPlug>