Random Investigator Selection Cards

By Cimmerz, in Fan Creations

For those of us that do random investigators, I hope this might be of some use. Not only can shuffling the investigator cards be a pain, but the fact that you can see the stories on the back means that you might accidently catch a name on there. So I made these cards with identical backs. One for each investigator thus far. Smaller so they should be easier to shuffle. Has their image, name, and unique abilities on there. Some of the images are of lesser quality than others, but they get the job done.I grouped them by expansions for the people that wouldn't want to waste ink printing out investigators they don't even have. Original 16 on one sheet, Dunwich 8 share a sheet with Kingsport 8, and Innsmouth 16 on the 3rd sheet. The 4th sheet is the back if you wish to print that. Otherwise, having a blank white back does just the same as you still won't know which character you're getting until you turn it up. You can click each image to go the larger resolution version. Enjoy, and I welcome any suggestions.

PS - I'm thinking of doing the Ancient Ones and Heralds as well, if I can ever get around to it.

Random-Selection-WEB-1.jpg

Random-Selection-WEB-2.jpg

Random-Selection-WEB-3.jpg

Random-Selection-WEB-4.jpg

Simply put: Simply Genius

Pretty cool cards and I respect the effort. Still, think I'll stick with "pick the investigator token randomly then hunt for the matching card." :P

A-ma-zing-!

I'm printing them right now!

Dekrosse said:

Pretty cool cards and I respect the effort. Still, think I'll stick with "pick the investigator token randomly then hunt for the matching card." :P

Ah thanks! Actually, I never even considered drawing a random token. Just never crossed my mind I guess. We usually deal out 2 (or 3) investigators then choose 1 between those since this keeps it random, but still adds a little bit of choice. As my dad and nephew have played a couple of times with us, they don't know all the investigator's abilities yet, so we give them more of a choice to play (especially since my nephew is only 10). The random token thing would work with the rest of us though, since we're fairly familiar with the investigators.

Well I like them. You ought to post them on www.boardgamegeek.com too.