Mini-Format tourney beginning of August in Swindon - Any takers?

By Fiddlestix, in UFS Uk Forum

Hey dudes and dudettes, gonna organise a Mini-Format tourney for August 2nd (Sunday), and was just wondering if anyone would be interested? Current sets legal would be SCIV and Shadowar, and the venue will be Spot-On Models, although this will change depending on numbers!

This basically is a shout out to the Welshies (you know who you are Chris-Cymru!) to give more play opportunities.

Also, people are more than welcome to come over on the Saturday for some UK Nats playtesting and kip over Saturday night (again, numbers will be good! Flat is ickle!). Will get some prizes sorted for this too if it turns competitive! Would bacon sarnies and nachos tempt thee?!

OK OK OK, any further info needed? Post below!!!

Cheers all, Fiddlestix made peach cobbler, delicagasm!

Fiddlestix said:

Like what part of the UK the tournament is in for example? gui%C3%B1o.gif

Speedsta said:

Fiddlestix said:

Like what part of the UK the tournament is in for example? gui%C3%B1o.gif

From the title, I'm guessing somewhere around the Swindon area. Just a wild shot in the dark mind you. happy.gif

Is it literally just cards from these sets, or are the accompanying promos legal as well?

Swindon is located somwhere in whiltshire.

spot on is located near the town centre of swindon.

nachos are located in bevans flat.

i think that covers everything.

on a seriouse note me and mark will probably be there unless somthing happens.

Well, I have exciting news, a shop called Future Dimensions has opened on Commercial Road in Swindon (thats SWINDON!!!!!! for Speedsta! Love ya really dude, lol!), its got three floors for card games, and I hope to demo next week, and if numbers are good it may become the venue of choice, as its a dedicated CCG shop, but I have to prove to the owner that its worth doing because apparently its been tried there before and died because of poor support. Therefore, I need to prove I ain't a flake and I'll be kicking arse as the Awesome Scout of Awesome (or just turning up on time..... ahem...).

SO...... if numbers are good, I will try to move it to there, I'll have to get Chris a massive Box of Chocs as a huge thank you for all his support during the last year, if this does happen, coz he's been a star, but sadly his shop is a little too small for larger scale tourneys.

Oh yeah, and I beleieve accompanying promos are legal too * scans forums* yup, those with the current water mark are the legalise!!!

OK, is that everything? The touney has been up on the offcialy site, but I doubt any one looks there any more!

Laters

Yes, the Peach cobbler is gone, but teh Thai Green Curry is only just beginning!

Wow, I feel soooo special at the moment!

I can read, honest!......just, not the titles of threads.....

Meh, reading's overrated happy.gif

Back onto promos, that means the new SW and SCIV stuff's legal, including Padma and Cassie, but the original SW promo characters aren't? What about PotM (also 5 point watermark)?

OK, given this some thought, how does this sound?

• Promo SW characters and PotM will be LEGAL for the tourney
  • Since new players MAY be coming along, if the demoing goes well, would people be willing to either lend copies to the new players so they have the older/PotM cards available, or allow proxies to be used?

Whilst I could put the stamp on as scout to allow proxies, I want to make sure all are cool with the idea first.

Awesom-o, give me the 4 1 1 (seriously, where does this expression come from?!) and let me know.

Ta all!

Thai green? More like Thai delicious!

Unashamed bump!

OK, I've checked out the new shop, the guy seems cool and the venue is awesome. Some interest in the game from newbies already (Iwas surrounded by them at one point, 5 or 6 guys all clamouring to see what the hubbub was about!)

Also, any thoughts on the last post?

Cheers all!

Fiddlestix

If I can make it (and that's still an if at this point) then I'd be happy to lend out cards for newbies, and I'll make sure to bring my spare commons/uncommons to hand out (someone may as well make use of them).

411 is the American equivilent of our 118 services, god I'm sad............ gran_risa.gif

@Chaos - awesome dude, if you can make it twould be most coolio.

@Tallgeese - how the Merry Krimbo did you know that?!?

Is it sad that I keep posting on me own thread?

OK, I have a demo day on Saturday at Future Dimensions, just a little request if any one is free to help teach some newbs? Obviously if interest is low, UK NATS TEST PLAY HURRAH!!!! No obligations folks, although lunch will be supplied to those who v. kindly give the +1 CC (hope you like Subway!).

Laters dudes!

Fiddlestix

P.S. I just had coffee, apologies for sp. mistakes!

P.P.S. I like coffee

P.P.P.S. MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm, coffeecoffeecoffeecoffee!!

OK OK OK OK OK!

I demoed today, got 5 (yes five!!) guys together today, all wanting to play, with a couple of maybes. They seem pretty keen, so could this be * shock horror! * a shift in the Swindon play group from a odd-one out 3 to .... a few? Just ended up playing and teaching the game all day with some newbies, with a couple being SUPER keen. So, it may be a change of venue for the tourney in August... don't worry, its only a few yards away from Spot On, the shop owner is awesome, all good!

Cheers for reading the ramblings of a very glad man, all the sticking to it and demoing over the last 18 months may have finally paid off!

Fiddlestix, my throat is sore from talking too much

Lo all!

It has been decided, the tourney will START at 12:00 on SUNDAY, and will be in FUTURE DIMENSIONS. However, if anyone wants to come to Swindon earlier in the day, I would be more than happy to meet up and get in a few before the tourney starts (games, not beers, although that would be nice too......screw it, cards and beers!)

We will have some new players there, they are aware its a 'mini-block' tourney, however there current card pools are very small, so they will probably have a few cards outside the mini-block sort, but hey ho, all in good fun!!

OK dudes, well looking forward to this, cheers for all who attend, and commiserations to those who can't make it.

Ty all!
Fiddlestix, love love love love love love love!