My Homebrewed Crunch

By emsquared, in Zombie Apocalypse

Im impressed with your house rules. Any chance you have a document with them all included you can share? Its a bit hard to pan through all the commentary here on the forum to see them together.

I do! I'll try to remember to PM it to you when I get home from work tonight.

Glad you found some value in them.

Emsquared it'll be great if you could make your house rules document available, maybe as a link, as they seem nicely done. I am currently running another system campaign but have dabbled a few times running EotW and agree it needs slightly more crunch.

Thanks

Just wanted to join in on the dog pile of folks saying thanks for creating/sharing this! Our first game of ZA will be played RAW, as most of the players will be noobs (hell, I'm kind of a noob to RPG's in general), but later on we may run a sort of Left 4 Dead-esque scenario, and this system seems like just the thing to add meat/weight to the RAW. Kudos!

Hey everyone (not that there's anyone here ever anymore, but who knows maybe some of you are still around and will get this)!

So, after getting fed up with and moving on from this system, and playing the FFG Star Wars system and loving it for years now, I found myself kind of inexplicably coming back to EotW. And I brought a lot of principles from FFG Star Wars with me. And I houseruled them into EotW... And I put it all in a document.

And here it is. Only a couple years after people were interested in it... heh... sorry.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CnQjX0QV4ztmze0yqTmqBJvSpdbYi8-M

Anyway, if anyone does find this thread, and this link, and downloads the document, and uses it, please come back here and let me know how any of it works for you.

I'm actually really kind of excited about this system again, now that I've played FFG Star Wars and figured out that a lot of that game can be brought into this one. And this one is a bit more accessible to people new to rpgs...

So yea, shout out to yous guys who asked for this... here ya go... two years late. >.<

@ReallyoldGM , @Ceodryn , @deeth82

Sorry about that.

Thanks for making them available! I am playing another system right now but will definitely come back to eotw.

Great! Let me know how they work for you if/when ya do.

@emsquared

No worries, my friend! Thanks so much for sharing these!

@emsquared I am going to be running some sessions of the game, and went through your house rules. Seems great. It reminds me of the threat and advantage system of the Star Wars rpg, except you focused on the threat only to mitigate the stress.

I notice at the end of your file a #10 for advancement, and assume you haven’t completed those? If you do, please share.

Thanks again

Ceodryn

Same, would be really interested.

I'm planning a game of The End of The World, and I'm using your set of house rules, which I find really appropriate for a survival game.

Would really love to see how you managed to change the character advancement system suggested in the core books.

Thanks again for your hard work, it's really good!

Edited by Swagdalf

Hey all, I haven't ever really arrived at something for Advancement that I felt flowed with the rest of the system and made sense mechanically. I also haven't looked at it in quite awhile, again...

So yea, the long and short of it is no updates at this time. Sorry.

If I do return to it again, I will definitely tag anyone who has expressed interest here in the update.

Great stuff

@emsquared When I open the link it just says "No preview available. File is in owner's trash." 😥

@krlock_201 created a new and updated link in the OP.

Thanks for the heads up on the broken link!