Hit + Conan precisions

By Deatheux, in Age of Conan

here a simple question who harrass me...

When the Hit + Conan works for the Non-Conan Player or to the defender (for 1 hit)????

i know it gives 2 hit whan the Conan Player starts a contest when CONAN FIGURE IS THERE....

i understand also that when a non-conan player starts a contest in a neutral province where the conan figure stands, the defender get +2 hit...

but the unclear part is : "the result counts as one hit for a NON-CONAN PLAYER, or 2 hit for the Conan Player, IF Conan is present in the province where the contest is taking place."

Shall we read 2 SENTENCES???

if Conan is present in a province with a "CITY" is it the same way to proceedure that they were fighting in a neutral provonce(bottom right column p.14)

thx guys!!

Deatheux said:

but the unclear part is : "the result counts as one hit for a NON-CONAN PLAYER, or 2 hit for the Conan Player, IF Conan is present in the province where the contest is taking place."

Shall we read 2 SENTENCES???

if Conan is present in a province with a "CITY" is it the same way to proceedure that they were fighting in a neutral provonce(bottom right column p.14)

Hits on the dice count only for the player who rolls them, so Conan can't "steal" hits from a non-Conan player's Contest roll.

As for the presence of the City, the city does not affect the bonus. If the Conan player is involved in the Contest, the Conan player gets the "sword plus hit" bonus. If the siege of the City involves two players, neither of whom is the Conan player, there is no bonus given to either side even if the Conan figure is in the province.

I love this game!

TK

thx for the reply, but a part in the rules still unclear, i think i'll ask FFG support to be sure to play "by the book"

Deatheux said:

Seeing as you're still unclear on what this means:

Count it as two sentences. The hit+sword face of the die is ALWAYS a hit for the player who rolls it.

If the Conan player is attacking a province (neutral or not) in which Conan is present, he counts that die face as 2 hits.

If a non-Conan player is attacking a neutral province in which Conan is present, the defender counts that die face as 2 hits.

If a non-Conan player is attacking a non-neutral province in which Conan is present, neither attacker nor defender counts that face as 2 hits, only 1 hit for them.

the sentence need to be clarified, and the part abour the NON-CONAN player still unclear if conan is not in the province...

thx guys to push some info!

do a neutral province counts the "hit + conan" hit??

The "hit + Conan" die symbol always counts as a hit for both attacker and defender, even if the "defender" is a neutral province. For the Conan player, this symbol counts as 2 hits, IF and ONLY IF Conan is in the province where the contest takes place. This is true for both Military and Intrigue contests.

From page 14 of the rules:

"Conan in a Neutral Province

If a non-Conan player is attacking a neutral province where Conan is present, the defender (the player rolling for the neutral province) adds an additional die to the amount of contest dice he rolls (up to a maximum of six dice). Additionally, any hit+Conan results count as two successes, instead of one.

If two non-Conan players particpate in an opposed contest roll in a neutral province where Conan is present, Conan does not affect either of their die rolls."

so the hit+conan IS ALWAYS a hit, for everyone, even the conan player(if the conan figure is lost elsewhere on the board...

it is more clear then!!

so the attaker have 3 way to hit WITHOUT modifiers "HIT" + "HIT(Attaker only)" + "HIT + CONAN"

the defender have only 2 way to hit WITHOUT modif "HIT" + "HIT + CONAN"

the writing of the sentense(in the rules) is really unclear, needs to be clarified...

Deatheux said:

so the attaker have 3 way to hit WITHOUT modifiers "HIT" + "HIT(Attaker only)" + "HIT + CONAN"

the defender have only 2 way to hit WITHOUT modif "HIT" + "HIT + CONAN"

the writing of the sentense(in the rules) is really unclear, needs to be clarified...

Yes! In an unmodified attack (no cards played, and Conan is not in the battle), the attacker hits on 3 die faces, and the defender only 2.

Check the rules on page 13, under "The Contest Roll".

TK

Are you sure about this? Hit +Conan (p13 rules)

"This result counts as one success for a non-Conan player, or two successes for a Conan player, IF Conan is present in the province"

I would read that this is only a hit IF Conan is present. Am I wrong?

this is the part who bugging me... the sentense is soooooooooooo unclear...

Yes. I think the comments made by the others above above are correct. It is just worded badly but the "spirit" of the rules would lead one to interpret it that it is always a hit for everybody and an extra hit applies in certain circumstances when Conan is present.

happy.gif

Dreadknight said:

Yes. I think the comments made by the others above above are correct. It is just worded badly but the "spirit" of the rules would lead one to interpret it that it is always a hit for everybody and an extra hit applies in certain circumstances when Conan is present.

happy.gif

thank you! we now play hit+conan that way, but i sent the question to FFG staff(no response yet!?!?!?)

but the sentense is soooooo weirdly translated...

Dreadknight said:

Are you sure about this? Hit +Conan (p13 rules)

"This result counts as one success for a non-Conan player, or two successes for a Conan player, IF Conan is present in the province"

I would read that this is only a hit IF Conan is present. Am I wrong?

Just re-read all this again, and finally realized what you're talking about. Yes, I'm quite certain the "Conan + Sword" counts as a single hit for all players, even when Conan is NOT present. You are quite correct on the odd wording. It would have been much better had the sentence been written as:

"This result counts as one success for either attacker or defender. It counts as two successes for a Conan player, IF Conan is present in the province."

TK

yes that way the sentense is really clear...but the translate from the italian looks to be harder!!

Page 14:

Conan Player:

"If the Conan player is involved in a contest in a province where Conan is present, the Conan player gets to add an additional die to the amount of contest dice he rolls (up to a maximum of six dice. Additionally, any hit+Conan results count as two successes, instead of one. "

This should end the problem :)

sounds good!!

i still have no reply from FFG support in AOC... but we play it as that!(now)