This is not an End of the World book I want to see.

By Zar, in Wrath of the Gods

I don't understand why FFG is doing this one and not doing an apocalypse more like Nuclear Winter or Road Warrior.

These are the four that the company in Spain did and that's what FFG is basing their line off of. Nuclear Winter is possibly the most used apocalypse in gaming as far as published games and scenarios goes so why do something that has really been done to death (no pun intended). I know the same could be said for zombies, but they are still seriously popular currently. Any halfway competent GM could easily take the system and tone of the line and do up a Nuclear Winter set of scenarios with little trouble and do it in not a lot of time. A Road Warrior scenario could be easily done also, though it might take a bit more work. As I stated at length in one thread in the ZA sub-forum, Wraith of the Gods is one of those sets of scenarios that has had little work done as far as published games and scenarios (with the exception of Cthulhu).

If you don't like the idea of Wraith of the Gods , then don't buy it. I saw little reason to buy Zombie Apocalypse , so I didn't. But Wraith is something I would like to see how they manage, even though I don't like the system and think that the character creation is really poor. I will not use the system, but I believe that FFG has done good work on the scenarios (at least I hope so) and I can easily adapt their ideas to a system my group would use.

Of the four, Wrath of the Gods is the one I am looking forward to the most. I did buy the ZA book, because I love zombies though. I will also be picking up the other two as well. No reason not to grab the whole set. :D

Wrath is the one I am looking forward to most.

FFG did produce Redline, a Mad Max inspired d20 sourcebook. Maybe they could rework that?

I don't kn0w the terms of the End of the World license and so can't say what FFG is allowed to develop on their own, but I would be in favour of more apocalypses after these four.

If you aren't interested in Wrath of the Gods, just don't buy it. It seems a little jerkish to come here and post negativity about it. Especially when the book isn't even out yet.

Wrath is the one I am looking forward to most.

FFG did produce Redline, a Mad Max inspired d20 sourcebook. Maybe they could rework that?

I don't kn0w the terms of the End of the World license and so can't say what FFG is allowed to develop on their own, but I would be in favour of more apocalypses after these four.

If you aren't interested in Wrath of the Gods, just don't buy it. It seems a little jerkish to come here and post negativity about it. Especially when the book isn't even out yet.

Indeed.

With the upcoming release of the new Mad Max movie, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before a 5th book gets added to the lineup.

Also, Nuclear Winter is very easy to set up yourself. Bombs fell, everyone died. Here's some mutants and some giant glowing insects. Honestly, why wait for a book that does it for you? You can buy either of the books for the core mechanics and run your own Nuclear Winter scenario.

Of the four, Wrath of the Gods is the one I am looking forward to the most. I did buy the ZA book, because I love zombies though. I will also be picking up the other two as well. No reason not to grab the whole set. :D

I can think of a reason. It will be just like Star Wars, you will be buying the same book over and over except each one has different monsters. You won't even have a few different classes because your group is still playing themselves in each one.

Then don't buy the whole set. I am probably not going to bother with the Machines one at all. Gods is likely the only one I will buy in paper.

RPGs are a hobby. Not life. No one *makes* or *requires* you to buy any at all.

I can think of a reason. It will be just like Star Wars, you will be buying the same book over and over except each one has different monsters. You won't even have a few different classes because your group is still playing themselves in each one.

Well, there is also the five scenarios in each book. But the part of each book that is system and character creation would be a repeat.

I'd personally be happy if they would strip out the system and character creation part and bundle all 20 of the various scenarios into a single book/pdf.

Then don't buy the book. No one is making you buy the books. Geez. I don't mind buying the four books. I'm as much of a collector as I am a gamer. But again, no one is making you purchase the **** books. FFG isn't holding a gun to your head.

I don't understand why FFG isn't doing something I specifically want to happen because they only cater to me of course?

Are they out of ideas for a theme for possible genres that fit the title 'The End of the World'? Personally I would love to see one themed on the afterlife. Death is not the end, it is just the beginning of a new, even more terrifying journey. They could even do the book with a grey color scheme that would fit in nicely with it's other counter parts. Perhaps a nuclear war has created a forced mass exodus to the other side... Where the real end of the world begins.

Are they out of ideas for a theme for possible genres that fit the title 'The End of the World'? Personally I would love to see one themed on the afterlife. Death is not the end, it is just the beginning of a new, even more terrifying journey. They could even do the book with a grey color scheme that would fit in nicely with it's other counter parts. Perhaps a nuclear war has created a forced mass exodus to the other side... Where the real end of the world begins.

That sounds an awful lot like an old RPG called Kult ...