Just wanted to say...

By Evil Genius Prime, in Wrath of the Gods

...So excited to see this forum finally here!

This is the one out of the whole line that I am most excited about. Time to re-read "Cthulhu's Reign", finish "Age of Odin" and check out the rest of Lovegrove's Pantheon series.

Indeed! This is also the one in this series I am most excited about. :D

Same here. Zombies are fun and all, but the setting lacks agency. I fully plan on letting my players become a force for change during Ragnarok. For me this is something that has been needed. Survival only goes so far in a storytelling game. After a while it just feels like 'now deal with this problem'.

The Scenario "Night of the Meteor" in ZA could do just that though. After the zombies are overcome, then the one world government that is E.D.E.N. can be dealt with. Either by becoming resistance fighters, or joining E.D.E.N. and stomping out the resistance. But I do see what you're saying.

As a fan of eschatology, I would like to see some helpful tools in this book for running a campaign based on the biblical apocalypse. The return of Pestilence as one of the four horsemen doesn't give me much hope however.

There is (or was) an RPG called The End that took as its premise Evangelical Christians being right about the End Times and the Rapture. The game began post-Rapture with the PCs having been left behind as too good for eternal damnation, but not "saved" either. I ran it for a group who spanned the religious spectrum including several varieties of non-Christian and we had a great deal of fun with it.

The Biblical apocalypse can make a surprisingly good game if handled with sincerity. The return of Pestilence wouldn't give me much hope for a campaign either if I hadn't read the Stand...