Parkour

By Kilcannon, in Game Mechanics

Would Parkour use athletics (brawn) or coordination (agility)? I'm actually leaning towards athletics (agility) since based on description a lot of athletics is involved but uses agility more than strength.

Both running and jumping are described in the athletics skill, but allowing for Athletics (Agility) is more than reasonable. I often allow my players to pick either coordination or athletics for certain actions.

As Kaosoe said, every skill can be used with different attributes if needed, so, use the skill that reflects more the mechanics that you need and change the attribute if needed, like use Mechanics to fix a heavy generator, but, use Brawn instead Intellect to execute it. As a sample look for the new Star Trek movies.

Other sample is Skullduggery with Cunning or Agility.

I'd say that both Athletics and Coordination could be used pretty interchangeably, based upon how the PC describes them overcoming the obstacles in front of them, given it's less about strict technique and more about mindset, especially the freerunning discipline.

Yep, mix n match. Coordination to sprint down a tiny beam or dive through a window just big enough for him to fit. Athletics to run up a wall or leap from roof to roof.

Yep, mix n match. Coordination to sprint down a tiny beam or dive through a window just big enough for him to fit. Athletics to run up a wall or leap from roof to roof.

Add in the Enhance power and a couple of Force dice, and you've got the potential to pull off some pretty sweet moves given the extra success/advantage you're generating on each check.

Add in the Enhance power and a couple of Force dice, and you've got the potential to pull off some pretty sweet moves given the extra success/advantage you're generating on each check.

I did this with my Smuggler/Force Sensitive Emergent on the high-XP YALP series a while ago. That was crazy fun.

Yeah got a Shadow/Ataru with a high agility/skilled athletics & coordination with Enhance