Talisman Blender

By DarkImbolc, in Talisman Home Brews

With all of the corners filled, there are quite a lot of options for Talisman play. However, the regions are very disjointed as are the rules that govern them. A blender set that provided cards for expansions within other regions would easily draw the pieces into a whole.

In essence, I would like to create an expansion that has:

* 5+ fatebound cards for all regions except the woodlands

* 3+ Lunar events for all expansion regions

* 1-2 Reaper-type cards for all expansion regions

* 2+ Firelands-type (ifrit, fireproof, burn) cards for all expansion regions

* Permanent rune gates for those not already covered by Jon New's Five Gates expansion.

* A few new lycanthrope types specific to regions (City: Wererat; Highlands: Werebear, etc.)

* New wanted cards for some of the types not listed as well as some regional ones (i.e. A Highlands enemy)

The expansions

* The Dungeon (Official)

* The Highlands (Official)

* The City (Official)

* The Woodlands (Official)

* The Reaper (Official)

* The Sacred Pool (Official)

* The Blood Moon (Official)

* The Firelands (Official)

* The Nether Realm (Official)

* The Dragon (Official)

* The Gauntlet (Homebrew: Dorian Hawkins)

* The Wildlands (Homebrew: Dorian Hawkins)

* Adventure 2011 (Homebrew: Azoic)

* Timescape 2011 (Homebrew: Azoic)

* Darklands 2011/2013 (Homebrew: Azoic)

* Nekropolis (Homebrew: Johonasen et al)

* Unhollow (Homebrew: Shy77)

As you can imagine, this is a huge task. So, if you have any ideas, feel free to post them (I'll credit them). I'll post new cards as I have time to create them.

Umm, why?

Yes!

Yes Yes and Yes!

I was thinking about something like this myself during the last game I played. I realised that there were enemy types that were not on wanted posters and it got me thinking that I should make some. Then I thought exactly like yourself, wouldn't it be fitting if we cards from corner expansions that interacted with other corners. For example there could be some event in the highlands where you are carried off by some eagle and dropped in prison in city, or maybe somewhere in the dungeon.

Thank you for mentioning Jon New's runegate expansion (top of the list for printing) they will work brilliantly! Again this was something I recently noticed that would be good if there were permanent runegates. Thank you Jon!!! :D

I got to thinking that perhaps an offical expansion could be released where there were extra cards for all the corners, some new adventure cards with a new mechanic and half a dozen new characters or so. Whatcha think about that? If not offical then it would be great for a professional looking homebrew ;)

Umm, why?

So the game feels more cohesive.

Love this idea, would buy such an expansion for sure.

I would like an official expansion to this kind of effect as well.

This sounds a bit like a "finishing" expansion. FFG can't very well make something like this and add more boards afterwards, for instance. But considering how well Talisman is doing it would make sense for them to polish the game off with something like this. Here's hoping!