How much of this RPG are you going to collect?

By Kager, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

Now that the final core rule book is on its way, how much of the FFG Star Wars RPG books are you planning to purchase?

All of it....

All of it....

Or what I have left to buy since I know that I might a supplement book as a gift. It has happened before.

Edited by TakeshiMasaki

Every. Single. One.

ALL..

Probably gonna skip the beginner games. Otherwise I plan on getting pretty much everything.

Probably gonna skip the beginner games. Otherwise I plan on getting pretty much everything.

Yeah, there is absolutely no reason for me to buy the Beginner Game... But I am sure I will end up buying it anyway once I see it in my LFGS.

I haven't purchased a Beginner set yet for this system, so I doubt I will start now. I plan to purchase all of the books except the adventures. Those I purchase on a case by case basis for all of the systems.

One copy of everything in each printing for preservation on my shelf, (those books will not even be opened unless I someday get a chance to get them signed by an author) and one copy of everything (in the latest printing) for actual table use.

My shelf has begun to sag.

I will (maybe) skip the Beginner's Box for F&D, and possibly also the GM screen for that book. Though the urge to buy might become overwhelming when I actually see them on the shelf in front of me. Other than that, I plan to get my grubby little fingers on everything.

Yeah, there is absolutely no reason for me to buy the Beginner Game... But I am sure I will end up buying it anyway once I see it in my LFGS.

I actualy find the Beginner game quite a valuable resource.

$15 set of Dice.

You get a set of Cardboard tokens with characters and items. (Fantastic for those whom have no miniatures)

You get a Set of maps! (A rare item i hope FFG LISTENS!!!! AND MAKES SOME! )

You get a Set of basic rules to leave out on the table for players to reference.

You get an ADVENTURE MODULE.!

I actualy find the Beginner game quite a valuable resource.

$15 set of Dice.

You get a set of Cardboard tokens with characters and items. (Fantastic for those whom have no miniatures)

You get a Set of maps! (A rare item i hope FFG LISTENS!!!! AND MAKES SOME! )

You get a Set of basic rules to leave out on the table for players to reference.

You get an ADVENTURE MODULE.!

I agree...

However, I have a total of 5 dice sets already.

We hardly use maps when we play (so that means hardly any tokens either)

Basic rules are covered by 4 crb's at the table (2 mine and 2 from the players) as well as the shorter rule books from the earlier starter sets.

And the adventure module is really light weight since it is written to help out with the rules which are quite well known by now (except for the force rules, so that might be a big plus for this system.)

But all in all, I am getting it none the less. :)

If my core gaming group hadn't scattered into the 4 winds and forced me to move online I'd probably get the beginner games for the dice and accoutrements. Unfortunately that's not the case, so my need for physical items isn't as critical. Supplements, canned adventures, and region/era/faction guides are all still quite useful to me though...

Assuming they go with the same model as EotE, then my usual pattern is:

Guaranteed will get

Core book
Career books

Maybes (depending on my needs and individual reviews)

Location books

GM Kit

Unlikely, but possible

Adventures

Beginner set

The only thing I haven't purchased are the talent decks. I leave those for the players to get. I did pick up the adversary decks though. Very useful. Otherwise I intend to get all books, GM kits, and beginner boxes.

Aside from the talent decks, I've thus far purchased every product that FFG has made for this RPG, and will continue to do so. Both as a means to support the product line and do my part to ensure it's survival via profitability (if FFG ain't making a return on their investment, then that means no more RPG books), and just for the simple fact that I really do like this system.

I will not buy the decks either. Way too expensive...

On first impulse I would say everything except the decks which I wont buy to any game.

More practicly I would have to say that Im going to get the beginner box and the core book atleast and then I will have to see how the game turns out. It really depends on what the adventures and different supplements are about and what I feel about them when they are released.

Now that the final core rule book is on its way, how much of the FFG Star Wars RPG books are you planning to purchase?

Simple answer: Yes.

However, I have a total of 5 dice sets already.

I am not convinced that it is possible to have too many sets of dice.

After all, what are you going to do when you exceed FR5? ;)

The adversary decks are really nice. I find them very handy for stats of bad guys without having to tie up a book or tablet or whatever, and it's way prettier than note cards.

Just throwing that out there for everyone who thinks the talent decks are your only deck options!

I've bought all of the talent decks thus far, though I've found that talent sheets are much more useful than talent decks when space on a table is at a premium. That said, even if I don't find myself using the talent decks in actual play, they have wonderful art on them and I will be continuing to collect them as they're produced.

The adversary decks are fantastic, and I'd highly recommend them to any GM.

All the books. The talent decks don't interest me for myself, although I did buy the decks for a friend of mine's character. I wanted to see what they looked like, and I wanted to give him a gift that he'd appreciate. The adversary are great, and I hope they come out with more.

All of it.

Starter set included, I like this game. And years from now hope to still be playing it.

So who knows, a dice here and there may get lost, apple iPads may not exist or the dice app may not in those years ahead.

As much as I can afford in all probability.