List of addition rules For Talisman

By Uvatha, in Talisman Rules Questions

This from my "Forever Talisman" Rules: its a attempt to organize the "before the game" rules so everyone knows how characters are drawn and expansions are picked etc etc.

This is a list of the additional rules some are "houserules" some are actual rulings to fix common probs with cards and effects have a goozy and feel free to comment even add other probs with the Talisman game so I can add them or work them out "try to work out" :) .

Extra rules for some Endings:

Battle Royale: Players on the Crown of Command and attacking each other ignore their Lycanthrope card effects.

Dragon Slayers: Dragon Scales in a players playing area are not discarded when one of their characters dies also they are not discarded if their last character dies so in effect as soon as a player gains enough Dragon Scales from this Ending to make it impossible for another player to gain more than them they automatically win the game.

Other Rules:

Crown of Command: If any player makes it to the crown of command no player may play their next character card. Their current character is their last character.

Last player alive: If all other players are killed the last player still has to complete the game. They do not win automatically.

Timing Issues in Game: Any special ability or effect that allow a player to use the special ability or effect at “anytime” or “anytime this round or turn” cannot interrupt another special ability or effect unless it says it can in its rules e.g. (counter spell). Buying items (at shops) and healing or any other effect of spending gold for a gain is a buying effect in the game and thus cannot be interrupted unless the special ability or effect says it can see above.

Timing between players: Every chance has to be given to the player whose turn it is to allow them the opportunity to use any special ability or effect before another player can use a special ability or effect. Special ability and effects between players out of their turns is first in first use given no other player can interrupt another special ability or effect unless written as such in the special ability or effect rules. Spells are considered effects for the above purposes. Same goes with encountering cards or players and ditching cards.

Passing effects: Any effect that makes one player pass cards to another player may be done even if the player who gets the card has to ditch the card. Cards and tokens passed to Toads are treated just like if the character had the cards, tokens when transformed. Cards that become followers (but are not followers) can never be passed to another character. The Passing effect is not the same as the encountering the past card.

Losing Turns: When a player loses a turn they do not have a start of turn or a end of the turn. Moving Werewolf is allowed if losing a turn

Forgetting Effects: No taking back turns if an effect or ability is forgotten and its passes the phase in which it was meant to be done its effect is lost.

Burning Nether Cards: Cards from The Nether Realm can never be burnt.

Teleporting and Direction: If it’s needed a player chooses the direction they are moving when teleporting to a space.

Terrain card on Warlocks Cave: Quests can be completed if the Warlocks Cave has a Terrain card on the space but no Talisman or Quest Reward is given (or any other reward either).

Drawing and Revealing Cards: Effects that trigger when a card is “Drawn” or “Revealed” trigger as soon as the card is taken from its deck and flipped to see what the card is. For the purposes of play each card is taken from its deck and flipped one at a time until all cards are taken (or allowed to be taken) then all cards are encountered as normal.

Flail + Weighted Dice = Choose the result on one die with the Weighted Dice then roll the other die.

Flail + Weighted Dice + Lucky Charm = Choose the result on one die with the Weighted Dice then choose the result on the other die with the Lucky Charm.

These are actually quite insightful clarifications. I actually think that most of them are intended to be real rules and not just house rules. In particular, the requirement to not just be the last man standing, interruption of encounters, terrain cards on the Warlock's Cave, teleporting and direction are actually the way it's intended. Flail, Weighted Dice, and Lucky Charm I think are correct too, but I'm not 100% sure.

As for "drawing and revealed," it's a complex situation... I'm pretty sure that all drawn cards are "drawn at once," even though the Digital Edition makes you click multiple times, then after they're all drawn, you replace any cards you can, finalize the choice, apply "when drawn/when revealed" effects, add them to your space, then encounter them. Which might be what you're saying, actually.

But yeah, most of these aren't just house rules... They're good thoughts and much needed clarifications. :)

Yeah "drawing and revealing" is a tricky one but saying they are drawn then encountered, cards that say "when revealed" I should add don't stop the draw step all cards still are taken. Trying to word it right so there is no chance of wishy washy interp.

Basically cards that say "Draw" trigger "Draw" effects, revealing is not "Drawing" ether is other terms like "look".