Private Wars

By Johann Rowlocks, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

I am starting to run the unofficial campaign from 1st edition in third. The trial and all the social encounters are really easy to convert by just grabbing some cards and setting up track based objectives. If there is interest I can report how it goes. If anyone has done this campaign and has any words of advice - they would be gladly accepted!

Hey Johann

I'm interested in all 1st to 3rd conversions and this one (from the brief look I had of it) has always seemed a little bit of a departure from the norm with it's focus on roleplaying and social skills so would be very interested to see how this plays out. Let me know how I can follow your exploits and if you need a second opinion on some of the conversion work I may be able to assist.

Cheers

Noely

This an interesting project, A Private War is a significant bit of work, and I've long had a soft spot for the Markovite Ukase (just the fact it's a radical Shallyan faction when it sounds like an eastern european secret police force).

How are you handling the "very 1st Edition" stuff such as the Gods of Law?

I would love to see your play reports and if you can keep track of conversion notes etc. that could be useful to folks some day.

Session one was great! Noelyuk - I am a busy dad so I not bothering to be super exacting with it... I just organize cards for characters and henchmen and used the Lure of Power social combat rules to run the first trial. I own literally every thing for 3rd edition so finding closely related cards hasn't been an issue thus far.

I am using the Gods of Law as they are in first edition. I have actually used Solkan in a third edition campaign previously, so they have never been exorcised from my old world!