A Change of Seasons spoilers

By Cats2, in 1. AGoT General Discussion

I'm glad to see that they're trying to improve this new seasonal mechanic, especially in a restricted LCG point of view, as it is now.

Sometimes some game issues like this are simply ignored or bad managed...This is a good job and I'm looking forward to see Summer/Winter everlast in the game.

The plot is nicely "in theme"....The attachment is not bad...

Good job, guys!

CATS said:

No one seen them yet?

Here´s an article from Nate with 2 spoilers:

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=245

The plot is great, the attachment is meh.

Why is the attachment meh? Granted it´s not the obvious killing card, but you can build a deck around it. Of course it depends on the whole usability of the summer/ winter mechanic and how popular summer/ winter decks will be. But at least for the LCG format i see no reason why the winter/ summer agenda and the ravens shouldn´t be very popular,

Carrion bird, open market, Lady daenys chambers, storms´end, the new plot, benjen´s cache etc. can provide some interesting recursion mechanic. Well i know, it may end up to be too complicated, but i think i will try it out.

Old Ben said:

CATS said:

No one seen them yet?

Here´s an article from Nate with 2 spoilers:

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=245

The plot is great, the attachment is meh.

Why is the attachment meh? Granted it´s not the obvious killing card, but you can build a deck around it. Of course it depends on the whole usability of the summer/ winter mechanic and how popular summer/ winter decks will be. But at least for the LCG format i see no reason why the winter/ summer agenda and the ravens shouldn´t be very popular,

Carrion bird, open market, Lady daenys chambers, storms´end, the new plot, benjen´s cache etc. can provide some interesting recursion mechanic. Well i know, it may end up to be too complicated, but i think i will try it out.

Well, just my first impression, because I think it takes up too much deckspace and commitment, it really depends on what else is in the set.

The Summer/Winter mechanic in general is nice though.