Here we go... (saber insanity)

By Ghostofman, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

A few years back the wife and I took a trip to Disney World. At the end of Star Tours they had a "Build your own lightsaber" thing set up so the wife and I built our own lightsabers using various pieces and modules. It was probably the neatest thing during our trip. When I saw that article, it reminded me of that.

It's fun to make fun of the amount of ridiculous lightsabers you could make with those pieces, but I think it's a really cool idea and you can bet that I would make something cool and interesting. I hope they eventually include more parts such as hilt styles and blade colors. I could easily see myself creating a saber for one of my long-term Jedi characters just for fun.

You know, three months on now and I've made my peace with that Broadsword saber. Star Wars is often form over function and I do have to admit that it does look cool.

Mauls been there..done that... hes AWESOME!!!...so AWESOME!...

LEGO-Darth-Maul-Lightsaber-e134845498839

The broadsaber doesn't bother me that much, Longsabers, Short ones, double, pikes.. ok

It's more a concern of where will it end, at what point will some director say "ok, the last movie had XXXX... so the only things left are nunchucks, bayonets, and chainsaws...." and decide that one of those ideas is actually a good one.

It's a matter of escalation really...

Ok, the two little dudes at the end of the sabers was kinda awesome....

I don't mind the funky combinations possible. After all, it's a children's toy, and children are wont to come up with ideas that to us adults sound fairly odd.

I've used the prior "build a saber" kits that they sold around the time of the prequels to figure out what the lightsaber of a particular PC of mine was using on more than one occasion.

So I'm all for Hasbro releasing a new set with new configuration options. Hey, if it helps draw younger generations into the awesomeness that is Star Wars, then so much the better.

. . . .and children are wont to come up with ideas that to us adults sound fairly odd really goddamned cool

Fixed that for you.

Edited by Desslok

I just want Ezra's sabergun.

Needs more blade colors.

So what did the one armed bad guy do at the end?

Extremely long light sabre?

Jawa decided maybe that box really wasn't worth bothering about!

Edited by copperbell

I just want Ezra's sabergun.

I know it's out in stores, as I saw it at my local Target a couple days ago.

A 2 foot long bendable plastic antenna toy is not Ezra's sabre gun. =)

I want a Lightsaber FX quality Ezra sabre gun.

A 2 foot long bendable plastic antenna toy is not Ezra's sabre gun. =)

I want a Lightsaber FX quality Ezra sabre gun.

You didn't specify ;)

As for getting something of that high a quality, not likely.

Ahsoka and Ventress got them, I think Kana and Ezra might be possible.

Or you bug the guys at Ultrasabers enough and they'll make you an non-copyright infringing equivalent. They already have a Kylo Ren Force Awakens style saber.

They have different lightsabers...check out the The Path of the JEDI book...they have the giant broadsword lightsabers...usually meant for larger species to wield and the small LIGHTSABER which was wielded by smaller species such as Yoda.

The second one looks...awkward to wield, to say the least.

The second one looks...awkward to wield, to say the least.

I have seen weirder weapons in real life.