Move X Spaces vs Enemy Figures

By Baer, in Imperial Assault Rules Questions

Move X Spaces: If an ability moves a figure a listed number
of spaces, this movement ignores movement point costs. All
other effects of terrain and figures apply (for example the
figure cannot end its movement in another figure’s space).
When moving in this way, a large figure’s base cannot rotate
and must retain its orientation.

Does this ignores the Cost through enemy figures or difficult spaces? The extra costs under difficult spaces are listed as additional Movement point costs.

The "ignoring movement points costs" is the key here. You move X spaces, at a movement point cost of zero. Even if normally, moving through difficult space or hostile figures might increase this cost, the cost still zeroes out.

Edited by Fizz

Okay thanks. But i assume it doesn't ignore Walls. Does it ignore Red lines (both kind) or is this included in "other effects of terrain"?

No, you cannot move through a space you normally could not enter. You cannot pass through walls, or red lines.

You can move through the red hash lines of impassible terrain, through difficult terrain, through enemy figures and around corners (as long as you count the proper number of spaces) but you still cannot move through walls, doors or the map's edge!

I know this applies to Diala's "Move Object" skill and the Nexu's pounce and there are probably others I haven't seen yet.

is because Nexu is Mobile and can enter and end movement on blocking terrain, or impassable terrain

but Diala's Force throw can't make a figure to enter on impassable or blocking terrain, because is affected by the rule of "Move X Spaces" in RRG

Edited by Roolakhol

@Alarmed : We discussed it because of Garkhaans Charge ability.

Why can you pass the red hashed lines with this?

You cant move through red hashed lines, you can only draw LOS through red hashed lines.

Okay, Thanks.