All Agro

By vice3, in Hollow Bastion

Has this game become an Agro game? I say yes.

After seeing the cards they've done for COTD there all Agro. No WR support. IS FFG forcing us to play Agro and trying to eliminate the WR win condition?

You decide. Of coruse we cant make that desicion until the set come out but so far thats what its looking like to me and the few friends I play with.

i agree with you. im sure ffg wanted to make listen to thier fans and everybody complained about aggro being to weak so thy are going all out aggro. i think its bs b/c after set 2 aggro was very possible you would need some better cards but it was totally possible then with set 3 and monstro and seph aggro and wr was pretty even but i felt with better cards agro would win so w/e. im kinda hjoping they are goping to be some crazy good wr cards that ffg just hasnt shown

Vice said:

After seeing the cards they've done for COTD there all Agro. No WR support. IS FFG forcing us to play Agro and trying to eliminate the WR win condition?

You decide. Of coruse we cant make that desicion until the set come out but so far thats what its looking like to me and the few friends I play with.

WR is a dumb win con.

I agree with you.

Roxas_Lawliet said:

Vice said:

WR is a dumb win con.

I agree with you.

Aye!

/generic-animé-esque-air-punching-sequence

WR is like trying to play Solitare with your opponent interfering...its just boring

Card games were made fun because of player interaction in the game...that's why they give support to aggro, as they should.

Ecomics21 said:

WR is like trying to play Solitare with your opponent interfering...its just boring

Card games were made fun because of player interaction in the game...that's why they give support to aggro, as they should.

You've obviously never played BATTLE-SOLITAIRE! :P It's like solitaire, but some randomer steals your cards whilst you're not looking.

I have always played aggro since I believe:
A) Superior system to WR
B) It's the true spirit of KH!

When did Sora ever defeat the bad guy by travelling to various worlds? He didn't. He walked up to the bad guy and beat him with a giant, blunt key until they gave up.

*Whiney Imitation of most people on these boards*

WR can easily beat aggro by using good heal cards like Tinkerbell, I can have so much HP by the time I reach 13, that I could feed it all to my Mushu level 4, and take you in a challenge. *snort*

If you want to say that WR is a lame win condition, you just sound like a weak player...play this game to win, not to be good at it.

/imitation

Seriously, we are of a small few on these boards that KNOW how to play this game and we are all aware that Aggro is the best way to play right now and what's sad, is the imitation I just did, is really how a lot of people on here think. I agree with Truffles, Aggro is more in the spirit of Kingdom Hearts and Racing from world to world, not interacting with your opponent, is just no fun, period.

*sigh* What happened to this community?

Well lets not forget that Aggro is the nature of almost every CCG or TCG in exisistance past or present. We just finally have something to get us going in the game, cause lets face it, WR has had a monopoly on the game since Nov 07. July 09 is our revolution.

I rather enjoy both styles of the game. Makin the decks that work wonders with cards people don't care to use often is really my challenge. I don't usually care about winnin or losin.

If someone wanted to test their deck against an effective WR deck, I've one handy.

If someone wanted to test their deck against an effective Aggro deck, I've one handy.

I enjoy the challenge that stands behind the buildin of the deck. With the new cards presently shown in the CotD, I've been tryin to develop a deck that would work around those cards without causin me massive damage. Somethin that would be stable 'n have a good win/lose ratio, too.

Some days I enjoy the laid back play-a-world-a-turn style. Some days I enjoy the in-your-face beatdown style. But tryin to come up with different deck concepts to enable a challenge to the gameplay, that's where the entertainment lies.

I am glad to see some cards that will boost aggro. I've a friend who's said it's stupid that WR have a higher chance of winnin, 'n that aggro has been defaulted since the beginnin. Yeah, Soul Eater came out, but he wasn't impress'd. Then the Wall 'n Cloupheroth came out, 'n he still thought WR work'd better. After pointin out some of the new set's cards, he rethought his ideas of aggro bein downplay'd. Mind you, no, it's not cause he couldn't come up with a deck that work'd for aggro. He's made some decks which could devistate. But to keep us from WR (mind you, I usually play'd with my JoaT decks against him), he just couldn't do it. We'd hit 13, before he'd cut us to 0. So we're all excited to see aggro gettin boosts, certainly.

Mind you, I'm also not statin that aggro hasn't been good. I just may not have seen the styles that someone else may have seen which made their aggro deck good. It's classified as a wonderful thing we have: perspective. To each their own, of course.

In either case, I'm ready for new cards 'n fresh ideas. Bring on the set! C| :)

Choitz man...I really wanna see you take a stand on a topic. Everytime you post you take both sides then say something along the lines of "This game is fun, I can't wait to play with these cards, I love this game!"

Just once I would like to see a true opinion, just sayin sir.

i dont understand why everythinks aggro is trash right now. since set 2 aggro has had a chance unfortunetly it needs alot of srus and the same goes for when set 3 came out. set wr could myspace their friend area to counter but it was still close, if you had the right cards aggro, but since set 3 and monstro its so much closer to aggro dominating. i gurantee the people who have the really good cards know what im talking about.

I for one am always fond of Choitz' posts. It's nice having someone around who's happy with the TCG the way it is, unlike the majority of us who all have our solid opinions on things.

I'm sure that somewhere, there's someone who likes having people like me around, who don't contribute as much as they could and just make annoying or sarcastic comments all the time. Or at least I like to think that...

capncrunch said:

i dont understand why everythinks aggro is trash right now. since set 2 aggro has had a chance unfortunetly it needs alot of srus and the same goes for when set 3 came out. set wr could myspace their friend area to counter but it was still close, if you had the right cards aggro, but since set 3 and monstro its so much closer to aggro dominating. i gurantee the people who have the really good cards know what im talking about.

well, the fact that I threw together a deck of cards from my random spares againist my aggro decks that were built for competive play and each time it would get blown away before I could get it down within a kill could have something to do with my judgment on the topic. Honestly I like the ability to limit WR down a little more since Aggro is the nature of games. I have great (not to mention all the) cards and I dont really dont know what you're talking about.

WayToTheDawn said:

Choitz man...I really wanna see you take a stand on a topic. Everytime you post you take both sides then say something along the lines of "This game is fun, I can't wait to play with these cards, I love this game!"

Just once I would like to see a true opinion, just sayin sir.

Trothael said:

I for one am always fond of Choitz' posts. It's nice having someone around who's happy with the TCG the way it is, unlike the majority of us who all have our solid opinions on things.

I'm sure that somewhere, there's someone who likes having people like me around, who don't contribute as much as they could and just make annoying or sarcastic comments all the time. Or at least I like to think that...

Ah, where to begin? Maester Dawn, mate, I do indeed have an opinion, but clearly, as the mass of people here always have shown, it's always opinion against opinion. 'N where opinion's collide, arguments begin, 'n problems arise, etc.. 'n eventually, people hate people for what? An opinion. 'N I, for one, am very much one who hates arguin with people. 'N I agree with how Trothael see's me: one who's happy with the way the game is. That's how I like to be seen, especially with anythin related to Kingdom Hearts (I am such a huge fan of the game, whether video games or cards. I like them both immensely. It makes my mind swim with thoughts 'n ideas). But as per request, I only, in return, request the understandin that my statement is merely an opinion, 'n is not meant to cause any form of hatred or such. With that said:

Until set 4 is released, Aggro is useless (remember, this is merely an opinion) to me. Not completely useles, as I have seen some Aggro decks work, but it's still useless. I believe earlier mention'd, someone stated that Aggro will be makin a revolution with the upcomin set, 'n I agree with them. Takin out one's life points will finally have a chance (still an opinion! No flamin!). Along with such, World Runnin is kinda like chess. What can I play, what should I play, what can't I play, when should I play it; these are all dependin on the field. What world does my opponent have? Does it affect me? Does it affect my cards? What world do I have? Does it affect my opponent? Does it affect his cards? What world should I play first? What world shouldn't I play? What cards can beat certain heartless, 'n are useless against others? To me, World Runnin is a giant game within a game, 'n therefore, a challenge to my mindset, whereas Aggro is merely can I overpower my opponent (I know there's more to it, but I'm coverin merely the gyst of things). 'n the third party, the Jack of all Trades decks, are usually my most common 'n my highest rated opinion of a card game. Yes, I could beat you with a deck that could be Aggro if it need'd to be. Yes, I could outrun you in a World Runnin competition. I'm ready for everythin then, 'n those are the decks I love to play, both with 'n against. It brings out a huge challenge factor when you find an excellent JoaT deck to spar against, especially when one's mindset of their deck is entirely different than my own. It reminds me alot of playin a good Magic game, where there's so much goin on, you can't pay attention to anythin else but the game in front of you. Those decks are, by far, my most favorite decks, certainly.

Now, as we can all see, this is very much a thread that is pro-Aggro, 'n here I am pokin my nose in, sayin: I like World Runnin too! I don't believe I have to point out the many posts in prior 'n previous threads proclaimin how useless World Runnin is, or how dumb it is (granted, I could very well 'n easily look each 'n every up if necessary, but for my amusement, I'll allow you to). 'N neither do I wish to be classified as a 'whiney personel' who thinks only one mindset. I don't always see the Aggro style, due to my mind tinkerin around with worlds, dark cards, 'n the different ideas. I do like Aggro. I think once I have more cards 'n more options to play around with, I can finally figure out an Aggro deck that will work with the way my mind works. Right now, my Aggro deck is collectin dust, cause I can't figure out how to keep it consistant. Does it cause me to think World Runnin is superior? Not really. I know Aggro works. I know World Runnin works. People are what makes the difference in strategies 'n ideas, along with their supply of cards.

So back to my long ago statement: the above is merely a die-hard, solid opinion on my opinion on the whole thing. I'm not proclaimin I'm only right, nor am I proclaimin I'm wrong either. 'N neither do I wish for someone to post a quote of somethin I said 'n bring up the ' well, if you just blah blah blah '. I know Aggro works 'n works well for other people. I'm excited for that. It means they've thought up somethin that I've yet to think. Major kudos for them, certainly. Along with such, I find it highly entertainin to read the different styles of Aggro decks people post in the forums. So many ideas I've naught seen, but will certainly attempt to spar against in my mind while creatin my newfound Aggro deck. The same goes for the World Runnin decks. I've seen many World Runnin decks where I would enjoy a great race against them to see how we'd fair against one another. But due to my area, the game is slim 'n the people who play are far 'n few. I only see what decks can compete against each other, 'n not on a grand scale. Turns out, due to my location, World Runnin became the easier complex solution to playin the game. JoaTs were the meta for us here. We could stop World Runners. We could stop Aggros. We knew how to slap both styles around easily. Does that make it the meta for the overall of the game? Nope. There is no set meta. There is the luck of the draw, the players gameplay, 'n style.

With all said 'n done, I do hope everyone understands now why I prefer to find both sides. Argument is useless. Discussion is certain. Opinions are great, if 'n only if handled correctly. 'N truth be told, I prefer it if things were handled better. After all, it is just a game. No sense in bein work'd up bout it, aye? C| ;) So to Trothael 'n Maester Dawn 'n everyone else, I certainly hope to have many more discussions to follow. But let's keep the peace, aye?

This is a Forum sir...

It lives off of Debate and sometimes arguement...without those its just a collection of words...words that are just thrown around for no apparent reason.

Aggro is now scary.. With my proxy playing my friend I just had an oppurnity to hit for 80 atk. I like this change of pace.

As ever, Choitz , you've granted me great delight in leaving a huge wall of text to read that I actually want to read (and still can't help but read out in Sumiyoshi's voice...).

Seriously, I love having someone around who can poke flaws in both sides of the argument and shed light on all the pros and still remain neutral enough to not spark up unnecessary arguments. It's very rare to find someone like yourself and I do believe you're a huge help to this community.

This post is in no way affected by the flame war I've just returned from on another forum I'm part of.

I'm gonna agree with Truffles here.

I certainly didn't mean to offend or anything, my apologies if I did sir. I was just saying that a straightforward opinion would be nice every once in awhile, which you proceeded to do and I'm certainly not going to fault you for your opinions. I will admit, I've been a little harsh lately, possibly taking the game a bit too seriously...I'm returning to more of my fun loving forums persona I've had for the last couple years. You've got some good opinions and your a decent human being with intelligence...therefore your a very welcome addition to this forum, and shouldn't think otherwise.

Now, pertaining to what mentioned...You've presented a point that not a lot of people realize, and that is, that this game is very meta specific. What works in one meta game, may not work in another...without a full official OP, it's hard to say what would really work and what wouldn't, we only have what we know personally. Granted there are still universal truths such as a Balanced Decks or Dark decks failing 9/10 times, Mushu is a bad card, and OXIII decks will be as bad as Dark Decks...but when it comes to the original WR vs. Aggro...it depends on who your playing.

So again, I hope you didn't take my comment personally, I just believe that some good old fashioned discussion without argument is healthy...and when someone is taking both sides all the time, it's tough to keep said discussion going.

~Mr. Dawn

First 'n foremost, no apologies necessary, as there is no offence taken. I understand quite well the angles in the forums 'n I see them quite easily (considerin I'm usually the angle that reflects both sides. It'd be hard for me to not see them).

In the same sense, I must apologize. This would be the secondary that I ought be doin, due to the amount of sidelinin that I do tend to take. I do agree that there are moments (if not quite often) where I must get off my lazy, easy-goin bum, 'n finally take a side (as wisely noted: for a healthy, good ol' fashion'd discussion without arguments), 'n I have quite certainly fail'd to have done such. 'N neither am I here to make excuses for myself for doin such. I wasn't doin anythin wrong, but neither was I doin anythin correctly, which wasn't the right thing to do.

With that said, certainly I shall try my best to give a better, more valued input. Though, deep down, I will always see Kingdom Hearts as an excellent game that I get easily work'd up about, 'n will rant 'n ramble on for ages at a time, if allow'd. Quite rarely will I see a 'con' side, 'n under the if 'n when I do, I try my best to make a 'pro' outta it. So may it be noted that regardless of all said 'n done, my thoughts on any matter will always be directed in the best of interest to both the game 'n to anyone in the forums (granted I don't screw up, 'n certainly I might. I hope not, though), 'n hopefully no disrespect towards anyone will come about from said thoughts.

After all, we're all friends 'n it is but a game, aye? It is the best to everyone that we all have fun above all else. To that, will I contribute my all. C| ;)

i hope this carifies my point a little better. i feel KH is a rock paper scissors game. WR1 beats aggro but loses to WR2 and aggro beats WR2 and etc. i know a lvl 1 WR will beat aggor decks 9/10 times but will lose to lvl 3 always beat the wr1WRs. but that lvl 3 WR will generally lose to aggro and beat lvl 1 wrs. now your probably calling me an idiot for saying the game is broke towards aggro but yet a rock paper scissors game. i feel its broke towards aggro becasue i played an aggro deck that stomped both slow WR and fast WRs. the decks only downfall is that it consisted of almost all SRUs and the rest were probably really good r-s ands sr-s. it cost a fortune to build. this deck is stupid good. i do feel that ffg makes it easier to wr=look at demo decks and starter decks they are not made for aggro. wr is easy to build and thus easier to use

capncrunch said:

i hope this carifies my point a little better. i feel KH is a rock paper scissors game. WR1 beats aggro but loses to WR2 and aggro beats WR2 and etc. i know a lvl 1 WR will beat aggor decks 9/10 times but will lose to lvl 3 always beat the wr1WRs. but that lvl 3 WR will generally lose to aggro and beat lvl 1 wrs. now your probably calling me an idiot for saying the game is broke towards aggro but yet a rock paper scissors game. i feel its broke towards aggro becasue i played an aggro deck that stomped both slow WR and fast WRs. the decks only downfall is that it consisted of almost all SRUs and the rest were probably really good r-s ands sr-s. it cost a fortune to build. this deck is stupid good. i do feel that ffg makes it easier to wr=look at demo decks and starter decks they are not made for aggro. wr is easy to build and thus easier to use

Not for veterian TCG players cause I've played since Dec 07 and I still can't build a WR deck. The concept just doesnt flow with me and there for I have absolutely no idea. However, I beleive you are right in the sense that crappy or slow WR's can usually be dominated with a strong striking Aggro (laughable at the moment right?) and fast moving and healing WR's will always win

It's not only that you need SRU's it's you need pairs of them to run at maximum right now. There are times when I would kill for a second Triton or Sephiroth in a game. Thankfully, I'm out of the Riku Aggro as of right now and into Sora Aggro so Soul Eaters go out the window for Valor Form and Auron seems to be a good sub for a second Sephiroth. We'll see when set 4 hits just how well the meta shifts. Pro Aggro is a good thing since (as I've said numerious times) Aggro is the true nature of TCG's and CCG's.

It's Definitely going to shift in the way of Sora Aggro when Set 4 hits...A Soul Eater EVERY turn? I'll take 3 please. I think we'll see that type dominate the Aggro scene, and possibly see Wisdom become a staple in WR decks...which one will be better will remain to be seen...once again, it'll come down to your own playgroup...overall though, if we get more control this set (namely healing control, more damage a turn), then Aggro WILL become dominant all around.

then when KH2 Riku and Way To The Dawn get released probably Set 5, we'll see a resurgance in Riku Aggro/Control...but till then it'll be nice to see some varying viable deck types in this game for once.

WayToTheDawn said:

It's Definitely going to shift in the way of Sora Aggro when Set 4 hits...A Soul Eater EVERY turn? I'll take 3 please. I think we'll see that type dominate the Aggro scene, and possibly see Wisdom become a staple in WR decks...which one will be better will remain to be seen...once again, it'll come down to your own playgroup...overall though, if we get more control this set (namely healing control, more damage a turn), then Aggro WILL become dominant all around.

then when KH2 Riku and Way To The Dawn get released probably Set 5, we'll see a resurgance in Riku Aggro/Control...but till then it'll be nice to see some varying viable deck types in this game for once.

Well, the good thing is that the value of Valor Form will go up because there will be a lot of demand for it even if it is a starter deck SR.

It being a Starter DEck SR is awesome because it would easily be $50 for one if it were an SRU, Which sucks because you need 3 Valor Sora to run the deck in synch.

I love to build a commited Wisdom Deck but until we get something that gets rid of Phil im gonna have to stay with Valor. Also Really? WaytoDawn and Riku in the next set. Seems a tad to soon but it will lock in the assurancy that Agro is the only way to play this game. And I for one and all aboard.

Vice said:

It being a Starter DEck SR is awesome because it would easily be $50 for one if it were an SRU, Which sucks because you need 3 Valor Sora to run the deck in synch.

I love to build a commited Wisdom Deck but until we get something that gets rid of Phil im gonna have to stay with Valor. Also Really? WaytoDawn and Riku in the next set. Seems a tad to soon but it will lock in the assurancy that Agro is the only way to play this game. And I for one and all aboard.

Well it might not be next Set...but I can't see them doing more than 5 sets...they're running out of cards....guess we'll have to wait and see.